Free cancellation until 28/07
US$180
US$175
US$187
US$132
Baraka Aquarium Bungalows(Nungwi)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$836
US$560
US$439
US$344
All reviewssea viewbring your own boozeother hotelsdik diksun deckhotel restaurantair conditionclean poolcurrygarden roomindian oceanhot waterthe hotel managerbeautiful gardenstone townmosquito netour honeymoon
Reviewed 30 November 2017

We went with a group. Our rooms were not clean. Sheets had spots on them. Towels were soiled and fixtures in bathroom were in horrible shape. Electricity went out twice and two in our group had pests in their room. Tried resolving with management who was stubborn and rude. Don't waste your time or money here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelerof12017
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I stayed at Langi Langi this weekend with a large group - 9 rooms and 18 guests in total.

The hotel was fantastic from start to finish. Sajid, the booking agent, was very flexible in accommodating our changes. The hotel management were really helpful in giving early check ins to those of us who arrived early, and allowing us to stay a little later when checking out. They upgraded me as I'd organised the trip which was hugely appreciated, and organised supper on the first night for our entire group taking into account several food preferences / allergies. The food was delicious and they gave us a huge discount as we were a big group which again was really appreciated by everyone.

The hotel is in a beautiful location, and the rooms are large and very clean. I've stayed there before and would recommend it to anyone. It's great value for money, and the hotel staff are really accommodating and friendly. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed there with mi brother, the restaurant and the rooms were quite nice..... but the manager was very rude we told him that we were leaving the next day and that we wanted a late checkout he said it was alright, the next day when we woke up we had about 30 minutes before we had to leave and he kept calling the room every 3 minutes to tell us that we needed to leave and then he just went to our room and stayed outside counting us every minute we had left... the place was nice but I think you can find a better place in the area nearby.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very outdated and needs renovating. The towels were dingy and bed sheets needs to be replaced. We rented 10 Plus rooms and each room had cleanliness issues. We have them a chance to fix the issue and nothing was done about it.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shaketta M
Reviewed 28 October 2017

This place was the most horrible experience ever. I’m not complaining here about the room or the restaurant (although, referring to previous visits to Nungwi, you can easily find other places with the same or better standards in the area at the same or cheaper price), but the attitude of the manager was disgraceful. I went out one night and whilst coming back to the hotel at around 1.30 am, I knew, as I experienced it several days earlier, that I would find all the gates closed at that time and decided to go through the restaurant (beach side) where the gate isn’t closed. A friend of mine with whom I had spent the evening (and who happens to be Tanzanian) was kind enough to accompany me to make sure I got back safely. As we walked through the restaurant, two guards came out of nowhere, followed by the manager and literally punched my friend in the face saying he wasn’t allowed to come inside the compound. The manager shouted at me saying beach boys were trouble and told me in a very rude way to go to my room. I was in shock. I had never felt so humiliated in my entire life and outraged for what I consider a very racist attitude, assuming all Tanzanian men should be thieves or prostitutes and assuming that this is what I came for. He didn’t even try to listen to what I had to say, and acted in a very childish way, ignoring me and locking himself inside the restaurant. When I came back the next day to talk to him, he didn’t change his attitude, and had a very rude and threatening tone. He said my friend better not come back otherwise he will be hit again. He didn’t even know the guy! I’ve never seen anything like it! The place’s motto is “we love you”, I don’t know where that comes from but I definitely felt no love there! The following days, when coming late also to the hotel with the gates closed, I called the guards this time to let me in to avoid any kind of trouble by coming through the restaurant. It took them ages to open the gate asking me who I was and where I was going. To make the story even worse, the person I was spending my holiday with arrived earlier than me that same week. We were supposed to meet at the hotel. I had sent an email to the staff asking if they could give her access to the room as I would only be arriving some hours later. They replied positively but when she arrived, the receptionist wouldn’t let her in. She had to call me and I had to confirm it once again! I felt really sad at the end of the holiday, I work in humanitarian contexts where security conditions are very bad and was hoping to have a very peaceful and enjoyable holiday … But this was the most unrelaxing holiday ever, the place is prison, people are judgemental and suspicious and I don’t recommend it to anyone. It was like going back in colonial times… Places locked at night to make sure no locals can get in (not even in the compound!)… There are plenty of other places around that are nice and seem to have better ethical values. If someone mentions langi langi bungalows to you… Run!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends