See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Did my first dive here. Truly great food, which I enjoyed after a week in Dar. Exactly what was promised with turquoise waters and hammocks. I recommend it. Slightly expensive room rate but definitely worth it.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2015

We ended our Tanzanian safari with three day stay at Ras Nungwi, and I'm glad we did. It was a fantastic spot to relax and recuperate from 10 days of game driving. The resort is nice, and the setting is beautiful - sandy beaches, azure blue water...ahhh...

Our room was directly on the beach, so we had great views of the Indian Ocean from our deck, and we were only steps from hammocks, beach chairs, the pool, and the restaurant. The room itself was nice, with a huge (bigger than king sized) bed.

The food at the resort was good, but not spectacular - about what I expected.

The resort offers a dive center. I don't dive, but I do love to snorkel, so my friend and I took a snorkeling trip. The water was pleasant and clear, but the coral and fish viewing was so-so. Not bad, but not great. We enjoyed it nonetheless.

We did a lot of research before we selected Ras Nungwi, and we're glad we chose it. We read a lot about the tides on the east and west sides of the island, and we were pleased that the beaches here were not so affected by the extreme tides.

Room tip: Get a room with an ocean view.
Reviewed 12 October 2015

It was a very outstanding place to relax in and perfect place to the peace of the mind and soul.
The room was very nice and excellent decorated specially when it's a seafront room.
The beach bar has amazing view, the pool as well was so nice. The restaurant in the hotel was one of the best if not the best one in Zanzibar.
The staff was fantastic, the water sport centre was excellent with a variety of water sports activities like professional scuba diving, snorkelling, fishing trip, kayaking, sunset cruising and many islands trips, (Denice) the water sport manager was a very nice person, helpful and cooperate. How ever the manger Phillip was at the reception to greet us as soon as we arrived and welcomed us and fulfilled all our desires.

I don't know what to say about that place!! It was speechless.

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed 9 October 2015

This hotel has everything to offer. Beautiful beach, great views, great food and great stuff. We had the pleasure to stay four nights. Manager Anton did free upgrade for one night. Rooms are well designed, spacious and clean, Stuff even better, always friendly, smiling, kind and ready to help. Great experience staying here. Paradise.

1  Thank edindzeko
Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

The rooms were great, the view was amazing, the staff was so kind, the food was better then most places, very privet, no need to leave the hotel. Right on the beach, with a water sport center. We had the best time there for 5 nights.
Very much recommended

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple