US$194
US$535
Hotels.com
US$540
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmosquito netcurrybudget accommodationdive shopstone townwifipowervolleyballcocktailsafrica
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Food ok, place avg.
Was in Friday party, only one more turist, but was ok to meet local friends I made by that time....
suddenly while we are at the bar, one staff started, out of the blue, to insult me and talking macho to me. A pimp up guy, unknown to me, who starts shouting bad words and insulting...
Disgusting narcisistic angry barman....no comment...

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank nuhka
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Nungwi

Waited 1 1/2 hours for lunch for 4 and it was less than mediocre.  We all ordered chicken dishes which arrived with hardly any chicken between them and what there was was not cooked well at all. One of the party actually found their chicken burger inedible. The rest of the food was very underwhelming especially for the price. There are so many superior places to eat which are cheaper and much better value

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Bed, toilet, shower, wifi. No bottled water, no little soaps. But you're not in Zanzibar to hang out in your room, and the location is unbeatable, right on the perfect white sand beach. $50/night with breakfast is a bargain for Nungwi, so you can save your money for the fun stuff. Owner Salima is very welcoming, responsive on email, and happy to help you with arrangements for transportation or anything else you need.

Areas for improvement: my towels were streaked with rust and someone else's lipstick. I spent my first 20 minutes there in a cage match killing all the mosquitoes over the bed since housekeeping left the mosquito net up. (Fortunately they are fat and slow.) The hotel only takes cash, and there are no ATMs closer than Stone Town. Getting to sleep before 2am on Friday nights is not possible with dance music turned up to 11, so plan a nap for Saturday afternoon.

If you want to be pampered check out the Z Hotel next door, which is lovely and 5x the price. If you just need a place to crash while you enjoy the beach, the Nungwi Inn has you covered.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Meredith M
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I have been there several times (only in the restaurant, never stayed in the bungalows). It's pretty located at a lively beach with amazing views for the sunset. There is one man working there which is sooo nice. The only one, as the others are not as friendly. Service is too slow. Even if you ask for a bottle of water it takes ages to come. Toilets need improvement in cleanliness. Friday nights' parties are good though, you can find nice music and great ambience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Our hotel had " overbooking" and we was sent to this hotel for a night . Seriously , guys , I was counting hours till I leave to our hotel. As others say , the only good thing about was location . We had to change room 3 times since it's was smell mold , and rooms was very dark , small . When check it , it's was lots of sand on the floor , bed had spots on if . Even if it's look like had ironing , but not totally white color sheets .... same as towels didn't look clean much. No fridge and no tv too . The most awful thing was the bathroom ! Omg !!!!! It's was disgusting :( water hardly drop was impossible to shower ! But the craziest thing was , that 2 am at night !!!!!!- the started to fix the roof ! WT* ? I had to go in pijame outside and ask them to stop ! In the morning another surprise , lots of noise from kids ( in the next door room ) made us wake up 7am. Nightmare not a hotel . Restraint was ok . Dinner in the cafe was ok same as breakfast normal too . Even that i spent there just 17 pm till 11 am but I was counting hours till leave . The owner of our overbooked hotel paid them 90$. I would pay 25$ max . It's a pity it could be a great place if someone would take care about it . But seems nobody there cares ... ( I not going to post ugly hotel pics to not scare u lol )

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family