My husbond and I spent three wonderful nights at Ant's Nest at the end of february together with our kids aged 5 and 7. The place itself is just fantastic with great acommodations, and beautiful surroundings with lots of animallife just outside your window.
We did the horseride every morning. The horseback-safaries are brilliant because you are able to get much closer to the animals than you would in a jeep or by foot. On the second day of riding we ended up right in the middle of a group of giraffes. The lodge has a great selection of well behaved horses, and can cater for every age and ability. Our five year old daughter rode about 7 hours in three days and loved every minute of it!
Two of the afternoons we did a bug-and-spor walk which especially the kids really enjoyed! The guides are extremely knowledgeable and can tell you anything you want to know (or maybe don't really want to know:-)) about all the bugs and animals in the bush. On the last afternoon we got to do the rhino-sundowner, where we helped feed the rhinos, and learned more about the "save-the-Waterberg-rhino"-project. A great experience!
The food at Ant's Nest is just amazing! I can honestly say that we have never eaten so much on vacation before! At Ant's you are never hungry, and every meal were just perfect!
At last I really have to mention, and say thank to, the wonderful staff at Ant's Nest! You are truely fantastic every one of you, and you all made this trip to the best vacation ever for us! We really hope to see you again some time!
PS. Please say hi to Numa from Christian and Jenny!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ant's Nest & Ant's Hill are two private bush homes situated in the malaria-free Waterberg region of South Africa. Approximately 3 hours north of Johannesburg. These two bush homes are on a privately owned reserve and can offer guests game viewing activities which include game drives, game walks and fantastic horse riding. They can cater for all levels of riders and also accept kids of all ages. This is a wonderful destination for couples, honeymooners, families or just good friends travelling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your Ant's Hill & Ant's Nest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ant`s Hill And Ant`s Nest
- Ant`s Hill & Ant`s Nest Hotel Vaalwater