See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 April 2015 via mobile

Under new ownership. We spend a perfectly relaxing weekend. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The chalets was beautiful and the extra attention made us feel at home. I would recommend this to others.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank dunriomin
Reviewed 19 December 2014 via mobile

Had booked a stay for friends over New Years at Dunroamin Safaris. 50% deposit paid to secure the booking, all seemed fine. Suddenly received a mail from Michelle the owner claiming that the nearest town occasionally had issues with their ATM machines, and would I mind paying the balance via EFT before arrival.

Clearly this is not normal, and I assured Michelle coming from JHB we would be more than happy bringing our outstanding in cash from the big city where ATMs do not run out of money. Needless to say the situation changed and I was informed that they now insisted on an eft prior to arrival, or I could cancel my accommodation (contrary to their t&c's listed on their invoice).

As an owner, Michelle's attitude was nothing short of contrite and arrogant without belief. Fortunately at very late notice was able to find alternative accommodation and canceled the booking.

If this is their attitude towards paying guests, I would be very worried about they standards of their accommodation. We often holiday in the area, and there are numerous wonderful establishments in the region as alternatives.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We booked, paid a deposit and received a booking reference (number 2757) confirming our stay of 4 nights in one of the chalets by email from Michelle. On arrival, with a somewhat irritated 1 year old in the car after our drive from Centurion, the gate was closed. The guy at the gate told us that he was not expecting any guests. We phoned the cell number we had and was told by Michelle that she did not have such a booking and "could make a plan" to accommodate us in the house. No apology, no effort to even come to the gate and speak with us. We requested to be refunded and fortunately manged to find alternative accommodation not to far from Dunroamin.

It is clear why there are no recent reviews but only one dated 2012!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Suzette10za
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We went to Dunroamin for 3 nights over Easter in 2012, and I must admit I was a bit sceptical about going to place where I had never even heard of.
Well, its was fantastic. Service was awesome. We stayed in the Honeybadger chalet which was really beautiful, it had all the amenities and what was so nice is the extra special attention paid to detail. Little things that were added to the chalet to make our stay more comfortable really made the difference for us.
It was quite, My kids loved it asDunroamin has catered for all sorts of ages, There was a huge trampoline and jacuzzi and swimming pool for the kids, and whats better is that all of the this is private, so there is no one else encroaching on your space.

Just beautiful, it is on a nature reserve where you can walk for hours on end, look at the wildlifeand experience the tranquility of our world.

i would definitely recommend to others. (you even have your own staff member who really looks after your needs,firewood, cleaning etc)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family