Reviews (6 472)
3 481
1 665
3 481
1 665
All reviewsroyalton white sandssports bardiamond clubitalian restaurantmartini baradult poolkids clubfamily pooljerk chickentime sharewater slidesmontego baysteakvip breakfastentertainment teamocean viewfood was great
198 - 203 of 6 472 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My husband and I went to Royalton White sands for a wedding with a group of people. The wedding day was beautiful and the couple will have amazing pictures, however there were too many issues at the resort. When we checked in, the internet/power was out, so we couldn't get into our room right away and had to come back to have our keys activated. The first 3 days the power was out a few times through out the day, which wasn't really an issue until we were at dinner and had to eat by the light of our IPhones.
My husband and I experienced 2 days without hot water, and by the time someone had came up to look at it, we both just took cold showers.
The biggest concern, was when the power went out, our safe opened up each time. This is where I got the most upset/concerned because our valuables were in there, money, passports, credit cards, etc.
Over all, the trip was OK - we made the best of it, and we hate to complain, but for what we paid, the service and resort did not meet our expectations. This was our first and most likely last trip to Jamaica.
Aldray at the pool bar - hands down best service at the entire resort, and the lady who was the waitress at the Italian restaurant (forgot her name)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kelsey M
RoyaltonJamaica, General Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Kelsey M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Kindly accept our sincerest apology for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay, this is certainly not the typical guest experience and your comments have been noted and shared with the relevant managers for their review and to take corrective action.

Our team values your feedback as this information will allow us to make the necessary improvements in an effort to enhance your future experience.

It was a pleasure hosting you and it is our sincerest hope that you will grant us the opportunity of serving you again.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

This review is based on a family of 4 consisting of 2 parents and 2 children ages 3 and 1.

The great experience started as soon as we arrived at the Royalton, the staff was on point and professional ensuring our baggage was secured and organized. The check-in process was seamless and short we had asked for refreshments for the children during the check-in process and within minutes we got them within minutes (now that's service!!)
Our room met all our expectations, clean, modern and complete. The red couch that turns into a pullout bed is the best for children who rolls and moves in their sleep its low to the floor and the kids had more than enough room to sleep well, my wife and I slept well knowing the kids were not on a high bed.

Seshia at the front desk took care of our additional requests promptly and seamlessly, she also worked with the restaurant staff to make my son's birthday dinner very special with a cake and birthday greetings. - Thank you Seshia, Thank you!!!

The house keeper assigned to our room cleaned to the standard of a new check in all the time, amazing!!!

Staff at the bars, restaurants always made our children feel welcome by saying hello to them and asking them how they were doing, that in my books is complete customer service.
The food and drinks are top notch, all of the food was well prepared, tasty and filling.

My wife and I really enjoyed the Italian Restaurant, Jahmar and his team saw we had ipads for the kids and placed us at table near a plug should we need power for them. Wine parings for each course was perfect. Jahmar made sure the meals for the kids came out first allowed us time to feed them, once that was done seamlessly our meals came out, made to perfections. BRAVO!!!!!!

Staff at the beach ensured that all our needs were met, never waited long for a drink, they had sand toys for the kids. The beach front Jerk Chicken is a gem that you need to visit, the chicken is out of this world!!!

The White Party and street festival at night was an experience like no other, FUN FUN and FUN.

Over all experience with the Staff at the Royalton are friendly, nice, professional and most of all genuine.

At the end of my stay I asked to speak the GM Luis Elizondo to pass on my compliments he took the time chat with me, now that is a leader that cares about his guests!!!

This review is also made possible by the whole Royalton White Sands Team working during our stay.

Room Tip: Book your room ahead, pay the money it saves you and the staff headache that's what I did.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jayA9201FX

Dear JayA9201FX,

Please receive warm regards from the team at Royalton White Sands. We are extremely happy to read that you had an amazing stay with us where you enjoyed our amenities and service from our hosts. Our aim is to always create memorable moments for our valued guests and we are pleased that this was your experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and it was an absolute pleasure meeting you. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I don't know where to start. So much to say but will try keep it short. My family and I visited 7th-21st June. On arrival all looked absolutely beautiful. Check in was ok. Took about an hour. Once in our room, my husband and I couldn't believe how small the room was. Not our first time at a Royalton so very dissapointed. Stayed at Royalton St. Lucia last year. Doesn't even come near to it. The room is very dated and an unusual shape. Not enough storage space. 2 hangers in cupboard. Had to ring 3 times for more. Shower pressure the worst I've seen in a hotel. Took ages to wash my hair. The water would flood the bathroom floor which I'd slipped on once. I'd have to use the towels to soak it up. Water was either cold or scalding hot and that was if we had water. Yes that's right, the water was off plenty of times. The toilet blocked twice. T.V. in room didn't work for a few days. Phone didn't work last couple of days. Air conditioning made so much noise, I complained. They fixed it it but the same noise started the day after. Electricity went off too many times, once while in shower. Our room was not cleaned one of the days we were there. Other days, the maids would keep knocking on the door very loudly even though we had a "do not disturb" sign outside. This is very intrusive, and inconsiderate. The food at buffet Marche was repetive and not hot enough. Service at the egg, pasta, fish and burger stations way too slow. The Zen restaurant was the best, but reservation was needed here. The steakhouse was out of steak one evening. The Calypso is another story...My husband ordered jerk chicken, it came half cooked, completely pink in the middle. We complained to hotel manager and showed a photo as well, he didn't apologise but just said he'd sort it. I don't know who the CEO of this hotel is but something seriously needs to be addressed at this hotel. Entertainment in the evening was unprofessional and weekly rotated, this should be fortnightly. The sports bar ran out of beer by 8pm one evening. The coffee shop had flies around its cakes one day I had gone in there. 2 pools were shut on our last couple of days. One of the bars were flooded and shut. Staff around the pool work hard, although one in particular I know had asked a visitor to download Trip Advisor in her presence and took her phone to write a review herself, about herself.

Overall not happy about this hotel at all. Do not waste your money here. Lots of issues going on that need sorting out.

Room 602

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
9  Thank DK_Family4
RoyaltonJamaica, General Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear DK_Family4,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and please be assured that this is certainly not the typical standard of service which we aim to provide.

Your concerns were noted and discussed with the team in these areas. Measures are being implemented to ensure guests' expectations are being met and the mentioned issues resolve as quickly as possible. It is our hope that you will grant us another opportunity to serve you to an experience surpassing your last.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Me and my partner stayed in the Royalton White Sands from June 1st - June 15th 2018. i have to say that after reading the reviews i was worried i had made a mistake in booking the resort. In June 2017 we stayed in Royalton Punta Cana and loved the hotel, hence the reason we booked another Royalton.

On arrival check in was a little slow, the system was effective however and we got to our room fairly quickly considering the mass of other people also checking in. Upon entering the room looked clean, however we did have a couple of issues, the balcony door did not lock and we had no hair dryer, reception were slow in resolving this but eventually we were moved room. Once we were in the new room we had no issues for the rest of the holiday, we even had a wonderful sea/pool view!

The food is the best i have ever had in the Caribbean, so tasty and a wide variety. Breakfast was lovely, always hot food and never too busy. At lunch we usually went to the buffet which had lots of variety. In the evening we would go to the A la Carte restaurants, we tried every restaurant except Calypso. In all of the restaurants the food was delicious, service was some times a little slow but no more so than your average restaurant at home. We particularly enjoyed the Grazie, Hunters and Jade.

Service around the adult pool was outstanding, particularly Tamica, who looked after us the whole holiday, she would make us 'special cocktails' and one day brought us a bottle of champagne to enjoy. The staff all over the hotel are very friendly and work super hard.

Overall we loved our holiday and would stay here again. This resort does have the odd little problem but nothing major. If you are holidaying here, don't worry about the negative reviews and look forward to a truly relaxing and luxurious holiday!

Room Tip: Best to get a lower ground level (we stayed on level 2) as we had no water problems, but people on higher floors did.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jesscooper1997
cmrng, General Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Jesscooper1997,

We appreciate your comments highlighting our delicious cuisine, selection of restaurants and attentive hosts at the pool, especially Tamica.

Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay, this is certainly not the typical guest experience and your comments have been noted and shared with the relevant managers for further review and immediate action to be taken.

It was certainly a pleasure hosting you and our team anticipates your return.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

This is my honest view of this hotel and amenities....The Hotel rooms are deffinately ready for a re-vamp and most are sporting shoddy workmanship.
The shower at busy times you can get no water at all or the water is either cold or so hot it burns your skin.
The food is nice but is very repetative and at busy times you are waiting around sometimes 15 minutes for bacon and hash browns at breakfast time.
All the restaurants were quite nice but not a lot of options on the menu,s our favourites was the Italian and Hunters Steakhouse were we had nice steaks.
The pool bar was good and the staff tried there best to keep everyone happy and glasses topped up...Roy and Maxwell were my favourites but all staff worked hard and long hours.
Personally most staff were great and pleasant but a few spoilt the others and were just after tips or like Tamica asking everyone to mention there name on here....." Tell them i am best etc".
Our experience on trips were poor we booked Dunns river and were still waiting to be picked up 2 1/2 hr later with TUI and our friends booked snorkling with Nexus who didnt even turn up to take them...Dunns river trip was great well worth the money.....We also went on the illuminous swamp which we enjoyed but personally i didnt feel like we got enough time in the water .
We got turned away from the Jade restaurant at 9.25pm even tho it didnt shut while 10pm and although i asked for an explanation off management they never got back to me.
The beach was superb and was kept clean from seaweed from the beach attendants.
All the pool areas are superb and the entertainment people tried there best through the days and at shows at night.
My wife also enjoyed the Yoga on the beach with Johanna
This hotel has so much promise and with a few alterations and fine tuning could be so much better turning it from a 3 star at best into the 5 star that its supposed to be. Also if your offended by getting asked if you want any "Smoke or Sniff" this place is deffinately not for you or the very loud obnoctious young americans who dont apreciate anything and are very unthankfull for anything and if your not from A or H town you are like dog muck on the flip flops.
Hope this helps you decide x

Room Tip: only good rooms are the diamond V.I.P ones
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Craig S

Dear Craig S,

Thank you for choosing Royalton White Sands for your recent vacation and taking the time to share your experience with us. Our team values your feedback as this information allows us to identify areas of opportunities and implement the necessary measures in an effort to improve the quality of our services and resort facilities.

We appreciate your comments highlighting the ambiance of our restaurants, fitness activities and the attentiveness of our amazing hosts whom contributed to your positive vacation experience.

Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay, this is certainly not the experience which we intended for; your comments were noted and shared with the management team for further review and the necessary actions to be taken.

It was certainly a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to your return.