39 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$492
Reviews (3 367)
3 368 results
2 135
2 135
All reviews beach house oysters plunge pool the grill chez isabelle crazy kenny flavor market main pool playa mujeres cielo bar spice restaurant kitchen table imperial suite room service ec pool bike tour rooftop terrace
Selected filters
2 071 - 2 076 of 3 368 reviews
Reviewed 30 April 2019 via mobile

Just returned from 7 days at this absolutely breathtakingly stunning resort. From the first person we came in contact with Big Sean and took our bags and brought us to our amazing beach house. He greated us with a smile and and helped us feel right at home. If i had to describe this resort in one word it would be breathtaking. The view throughout the resort is amazing. The resort ia spotless, food and drinks arw out of this world. My wife has multiple dietary needs including began a vegan she is alsp gluten free. She was more then satisfied with he options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had the absolute pleasure of meeting so many wonderful people during our stay. We stayed in a beach house which was beautiful. Winston was one of the first staff members we had the pleasure of meeting, from the first few words we spoke we were amazed by his kindness and willing to answer any questions we had. He took the time to answer any question we had including helping us bettwr understand the Jamician culture and native language better. Next up we met the dynamic duo of Romaldo and Nashane. These guys helped reconfirm our new found love for this resort and new favorite vacation destination. We had many amazing conversations again about Jamaican culture along with directing us to the best spots to just unwond3and enjoy our view. Keeping our drinks full lol. Anthony and Fyona at the Celio bar seen a lot of us. Lucky for us we got to see them to. Friendly, funny and alwyas making sure we has exactly what we needed. One of our highlights for dinner was meeting Anthony at Spice Mr. Game on was awesome, infact we went to Spice 4 out of our 6 nights there, yes for the amazing food by more for him. On to the amazing entrainment staff. Ri Ri, Jax and Crazy Kenny what can i say besides amazing. Ri Ri with her beautiful smile and amazing personality always greeting us in the morning and making sure we had an unforgettable time. Bike tour with Jax is a must. This guy is awesome and his dancing skills are legit. Crazy Kenny and his poolside trivia were a daily must for us. Overall our trip was amazing. We cannot wait to go back. This will be a yearly trip for us. The staff at EOB makes it that was. Each and every person we met put a smile om our faces and a warmth our hearts. Thank you to each and everyone of them. One love. See you all next year.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ericblanchette
ExcellenceCollection, Manager at Excellence Oyster Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2019

Dear Explore49224

First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing Excellence Oyster Bay for your recent stay to Jamaica. We are grateful for the time you took to share your review on your experienced with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us thanks to the personal touches and the outstanding service provided by our lovely staff, who went above and beyond to make you feel pampered.

We are looking forward to host you in the future.

One Love Excellence Oyster Bay and Jamaica.

Reviewed 29 April 2019

Beautiful resort, very clean , service was excellent , no complaints. The staff were very friendly, helpful and a pleasure to speak with.
Food, service, resort and amenities were all outstanding and would definitely choose this resort fro a return visit.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear NorthStar26904364036

Firstly we want to thank you for choosing Excellence Oyster Bay for your hoe away from home for your recent stay in Jamaica.

We are delighted to read that our beautiful resort, amazing food and wonderful service helped to contribute to your amazing stay.

We are looking forward to hosting you in the future.

One Love from Excellence Oyster Bay and Jamaica.

Reviewed 29 April 2019

We stayed in the Club area Beach House for 10 nights. It was wonderful and the people were exceptional. We found the Club bars, beach area plus the Magna restaurant especially good. The music that plays within the resort is gawd awful! I don't know who is in charge but this is the worst rubbish I have heard in any resort and, especially in Jamaica, where the wonderful culture of its people in this musically rich country went unheard. What is the problem with Reggae music people of Excellence? Why was I subjected to this horrible Spa music throughout the compound? I've been to Sandals (x2) plus Iberostar here in Jamaica and have never had to worry about the music. Those resorts know how to represent the people and its music. I expect the sounds of Reggae in Jamaica when I come for a lengthy stay and what I got was this dreadful PUDDLE music. I asked many times for a change and got the same answers: "We can't do anything and you're not the first to complain" etc. Do something and embrace the wonderful music of this land PLEASE! I also would love to return next year, but not until somebody does something to change the 'atmosphere'. This may sound trivial to some but to us it was a game changer. You will find that the employees of Excellence will be happier and will have a better day to day experience if you make the necessary changes. I promise you. Sorry guys a real flunk here. Your nightly shows were excellent I must add. Not an issue. I would like to say thank you to a few people who were really helpful and a joy to get to know. They were all really professional and caring and a laugh to hang out with. A big thank you to: Prince, Nashane, Romaldo, Ramon, Natasha, Anthony, Renee, and Winston. It was a blast meeting you all and I really hope to see you by the end of the year or after Christmas. We really want to come back. It would be great. It's funny but my wife asked me before we booked where I would like to go and I said, "Jamaica because of the music." It's true.

Room tip: The Beach Houses were excellent.
2  Thank Russell H
ExcellenceCollection, Manager at Excellence Oyster Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2019

Dear Russell H,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing Excellence Oyster Bay for your recent stay in Jamaica.
Thank you very much for taking the time share your experience at Excellence Oyster Bay.

Thank you for the kind words towards our staff we will ensure they are informed that they helped to contribute to your vacation with us.However, we are sorry that we did not live up to your expectations in the areas mentioned by you. We appreciate your constructive criticism want you to know that we are using your feedback to improve in these areas.

We are looking forward to hosting you in the future.

One Love from Excellence Oyster Bay and Jamaica

Reviewed 29 April 2019

This is a brand new upscale resort on the North coast. Facilities are great. Be warned, none of the private pools are heated! Restaurants and bars are great. Spa also. But they need to turn down the lights for the evening entertainment. It was broad daylight there. Not very romantic.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Richard B

Dear Richard,

First and foremost, allow us to thank you for choosing Excellence Oyster Bay as host of your recent visit to Jamaica.

We are delighted to hear that you found a relaxing getaway at our resort and that you enjoyed our facilities, bars and restaurants, and the spa. We also appreciate your suggestions as they help us to improve on a daily basis.

We hope to get the opportunity to share another memorable experience with you in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

While the resort is beautiful and the staff friendly and accommodating, we had a few issues. The food is subpar and at times inedible, the bathroom in the room offers no privacy, the air conditioning goes on and off quite loudly, disturbing our sleep but my real issue lies with security/lost and found. I left a pair of Apple AirPods on the table at the Lobster House at lunch but when I went back an hour later, they were gone. I ask the hostess if anyone turned them in. She checked with security but no luck. I lost a second item later that day when leaving the pool later in the afternoon. While walking back to our room, I dropped a pair of beach pants. Those apparently were not turned into security either. While I realize I should be more diligent about keeping track of my belongings, I find it curious that neither item was recovered, not to mention the complete lack of concern on the part of the staff/security office. The moral of the story is if you plan on staying here, keep close track of your belongings because this place is a black hole where personal items disappear into thin air never to be seen again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank marisap
ExcellenceCollection, Manager at Excellence Oyster Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2019

Dear marisap,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Excellence Oyster Bay with all Trip Advisor readers.

We regret to hear that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations, especially due to your lost items. The hotel has high security measures for the comfort of our guests. For instance, it is our duty to emphasize that all our employees go through a strict inspection every day before their departure. Please rest assured that your feedback has been addressed with the appropriate department in order to improve the noted points.

We hope that despite the inconveniences you had throughout your stay, you can give us the opportunity of welcoming you again and providing you with an excellent vacation experience.