All reviews clean hotel mc donalds free parking pleasant stay gas station using public transport comfortable room rooms are small restaurant staff town centre minute walk stayed here for nights euros rotterdam hook highway car
Reviewed 6 June 2018

I've stayed here a few times. I use it for when there is a Queen Fan Club event in nearby Maassluis. We arrived quite early, 11am. Our rooms were not ready, which we sort of expected, but I was able to freshen up in the ladies before we set off for Maassluis.

The reception is open 24 hours, so we were able to get our key when we got back just after midnight. The receptionist was also busy serving in the bar as well as working at the reception, poor man! As he was serving part of our fan club party in the bar, I can't really complain, haha!

The corridors and rooms feel like they have been given a makeover. I noticed the doors are different for sure. The hotel looks quite fresh and up to date now. We wanted to sleep with the window open as it was a hot night, but unfortunately, the noise from the drive thru McDonald's next door dictated otherwise.

We decided to have breakfast (although the past couple of times we haven't) as some of our friends would also stay for breakfast, so we decided to join them. Breakfast is quite plentiful. Last time, we went to McDonald's for breakfast and decided never again! So this was really nice.

A trouble free stay and I can't wait to stay here again for our next fan club event!

Room tip: Ask for a room which is not on the side of McDonald's
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

2018 and here we gather for the Dutch Queen Convention.It is a wonderful hotel,lovely clean room,very spaced and comfortable beds.We stayed for 2 nights and the staff were very helpful and the breakfast,a mixture of continental and bacon was very good.A really nice place.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Arjan P, General Manager at Ibis Rotterdam Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Ragman1960,

Thank you for staying with us and your great review. We hope you had a great Queen Convention and love to welcome you back next year.
Rock on!
Ibis Rotterdam Vlaardingen

Reviewed 25 April 2018

I have always been weary of Ibis Hotels as I always thought they represented low budget hotels. But this one is not. From the moment I checked in I was made to feel welcome unlike some hotels I have used in the past.
The double bed room was not overly big, but the room and bath room were spotless.

Paid for 19 euro for what I was told would be an English type breakfast, unfortunately it was continental and for what I eat must have cost less that 5 euros.

That aside, it’s a good location for Rotterdam and Hook of Holland.

Yes would not hesitate to use again

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Arjan P, General Manager at Ibis Rotterdam Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Postnote,
Thank you very much for your kind words. Our breakfast is actually Euro 15,= per person (2018), so now we are doubting if you indeed stayed with us or that you mixed up two hotels. In any case: we are very happy to receive this kind of feedback. Love to welcome you soon again in our hotel.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a 5 day golfing trip to the Netherlands.The hotel is bit away from city center.10 euro taxi fare to city center.The rooms are small but very clean.Breakfast was okay.Only one lift so there was quite often a bit of a wait.The staff were very helpful and friendly

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear COTTONEYEDDJ,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! Love to welcome you soon again in our hotel!

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is great, have stayed here a couple of times and been made very welcome. This place, most importantly is a stones throw away from my friends house and a very convenient stopping point when travelling to and from work to catch a flight back from and to the UK via Schiphol. Good food and good choice of beers. Comfortable room good Ibis standard. Breakfast is ok, reasonable choice. Staff are very helpful especially the restaurant staff who helped me with my Dutch language studies which is progressing very slowly. Dank u wel!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Arjan P, General Manager at Ibis Rotterdam Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Dear Andrew,

Wow! What a great review! And a great compliment for our staff! I see you already took your first steps learning Dutch!
We staan graag voor je klaar! And if you need any more help: wees niet bang om hulp te vragen! ;-)

Love to welcome you back soon!