All reviews taco lobster bar restaurant place to stay good vibes happy hour french brothers little corn big heart highest point on the island private cabin north beaches great view of the ocean ti punch rooms are spotlessly clean morning yoga session shared dorm
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Romain, Haily, Vicky, Sylvan all made this wonderful quaint place a home away from home in paradise. Tidy compact cabana with a beautiful view and breeze. Bar area was a common retreat for early morning coffee or late afternoon happy hour. Food very tasty, beers cold and rum far too addictive. Make sure you attend Taco Tuesdays and Sunday Funday! Also helped with laundry, taxi to Granada and dinner recommendations. Ending up extending our stay it was so brilliant. So sad to leave but can’t wait to go back. Small island big heart!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Really the best place to stay on Little Corn island! Just climb "the stairway to heaven" and you're there! Super cabins, most friendly staff, good food, good drinks and lots of good times! Don't miss "Taco Tuesday" or the bbq on "Sunday Funday" Start the day with a Yoga class from Hailey and definitely book the Island tour.
Good Vibes, Good Times, Good Memories
"Thanks guys for having such a good stay!"

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MoonenVin
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Loved my stay here - great views, great food, great vibes, great people! Stayed in the dorm for 10 nights. Water pressure was sometimes a little low, but this wasn’t surprising (given the remote location). The staff are super warm and welcoming, I felt very well taken care of the entire time. Was definitely one of the highlights of my trip!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Lara C
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I absolutely loved my stay at the lighthouse. Not only is it the most beautiful view on the island, the food is delicious and the people that work there make it such a warm and welcoming place you won’t want to leave - it's also easy to meet other travellers as it's often the place to be in the evenings for happy hour/dinner. The dorm was clean and bed comfy, the only addition that would be good are lockers for valuables, but otherwise it's perfect :) I can't wait to come back - thank you so much for everything!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank franks10122
Reviewed 14 March 2018

I really wanted to love this place and was looking forward to staying there for a week. Upon our arrival, similar to what a previous poster stated, Romain tried to tell me that I owed him more money due to his pay pal account being in Euros. He refunded our pay pal deposit and we paid him cash leaving us tight on money as there is not an ATM on the island. I had made the reservation a couple of months in advance and requested a cabin far from the bar. We were given the cabin right next to the bar and were told there was nothing they could do. The mattress was extremely uncomfortable as there was a big sag in the middle. The sheets were stained, the pillowcase had a hole in it and the towels were worn out. The water pressure was very low. By the 3rd day we only had a trickle of water and then it completely stopped and stared back siphoning. I was stuck in the shower full of soap with no water. My husband found Romain and asked for help. He looked around at the pipes and gave my husband a bucket and said to fill it from the outdoor faucet and dump it on me, which he did. The bar was busy so Romain went back to the bar. He kept promising to fix the water but did nothing. It is odd that there is not water pressure as the tanks are on the hill behind the cabins according to Romain. Not what I expected for $60/night! After two more days of little or no water we left very disappointed. We had paid for two more days, which more than covered what was on our tab so we felt it was more than fair as we did not have a good night sleep or a good shower the whole time. Since he did not provide what was promised, we felt justified in leaving and left more than enough to cover our tab. I do have to say that they have a good happy hour and that the day trip was really fun. We did move to another hotel that was half the price with great water, an awesome mattress and new clean sheets. Romain did send the police after us saying we owed him money but in the end the police, the island elder and the immigration official on big corn island (which Romain also called) all took our side, shook our hand and told us to enjoy the rest of our vacation. This unfortunate incident put a damper on our vacation and we regret staying there. If you don't care about comfort or water or nice sheets and just want to party this might be the place for you, but not worth $60. I do not like doing bad reviews but I wish I had known this before I decided to stay there. I have attached photos of the water and ripped pillow cases and towels. We really did enjoy corn island despite this bad experience.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
988gary, Gérant at The Lighthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hi

We’re sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay at the Lighthouse but we’re happy you enjoyed this special remote island. However, we don’t understand how it is justified to steal $120 from a 8 wooden cabanas hotel maintained by local workers.

We require a 50% deposit to confirm a reservation and the instructions to submit it were sent in the reservation e-mail. As you didn’t follow them, unnecessary fees occurred on our side and as our Reservation Policy states, you are responsible for these fees at check-in. As you were reluctant to pay for them, we offered to refund the payment so you could send it again properly but you refused. On our website and in the reservation e-mail, we warn our guests that there’s no ATM on the island and that we offer Paypal as an alternative to cash. All our cabins are located at an equal distance from the bar and at the time of your reservation we only had this one available. To entertain our guests and create a fun and social vibe, we organize 2 events a week. However, to respect everyone’s rest we turn the music off at 11PM latest. A deeper reading of our website and the e-mails would have helped you have a better understanding of the environment here at The Lighthouse.

We had an issue with the shower of the cabana on this night, for which we apologized. The problem was fixed first thing the next morning but you had already left without paying. Low water pressure is a small inconvenience for being located so remotely. We never ask any of our guests to dump any bucket on anyone. Your husband loudly demanded it and we immediately provided it. As it was already dark and we were in the middle of a busy Sunday Funday, there was nothing we could do in the moment. I wish you had appreciated the compensation we wanted to offer to show our concern about your distress.

When we found you in town to reconcile your tab, unfortunately you refused to talk to us. As you broke the Nicaraguan laws, I asked for the help from the law enforcements. The only reason you could walk off the island is that the local law representative was not available due to health issues.

We’re very sorry you didn’t like the Lighthouse and you didn’t appreciate the efforts the whole team made for you to feel at home. As our guests tend to range from late twenties to early forties, we advise you to research more next time so you can find a place that suits your needs in terms of comfort and infrastructures. The loss of income is nothing compared to the disrespect you showed to the local community who works hard to sustain themselves in a developing country.

We hope we were able to clear up any questions other guests may have in regards to your review. Thank you for your feedback and we hope next you’ll find a place that suits you better.

Romain