Yoma Cherry Lodge
US$368
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsenglish schoolfishmain beachlocal childrencharity schoolde mersmall bayboutique hotelgarden roombeautiful gardenplaying footballgorgeous staffideal choicemanager suewind directionhotel ownerpina colada
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I and 7 friends recently stayed two nights at this lodge and I wish it had been longer. Ever dream of a tropical beach edged with palm trees-this is it. The beach is separate from the largest beach lined with hotels. Only this hotel and a couple of guest houses here. Also a few local boats, some of which can take you out snorkeling or sightseeing. Four of our party had beach view rooms on the front, the rest facing the attractive garden. We also enjoyed the beach front restaurant and never ever felt like going further afield.
We used the local transport to go to the main beach to walk and explore -50 cents a ride or 15 mins walk along the road. I only wish I had had longer at this delightful hotel.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank helen p
Yoma_Cherry_Lodge, General Manager at Yoma Cherry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you so very much for your review which is most appreciated by all the Yoma Cherry team. Each member of staff does their best to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible, we are so very pleased that you enjoyed your time here. Once again thank you so much for taking the time to write the review.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

For this price everything is amazing .. very nice welcome people . Rooms are clean and spacious . Everything look tidy and cute. And price is totally fit the quality . I recommend it .i think this hotel owners take care about to make all with love . I think I would stay here for a few days , Beach is great too .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank lexa l
Yoma_Cherry_Lodge, General Manager at Yoma Cherry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write the review which all the Yoma Cherry team much appreciate. As well as relaxing on the beach, you can go snorkelling, take a boat trip or go fishing. Another great place to visit is the elephant camp outside Thandwe. A car picks you up, drives you to the river and there you take a boat for about one hour. The countryside is beautiful and the elephants are taken great care of. You can also take bike tours, go trekking or diving. Once again our thanks to you.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Yoma for 5 nights after a two weeks trip in myanmar. After a lot of visiting it was very relaxing to just sit on the beach, swim in the sea and enjoy the magic view.

The best part of the hotel is its location in a creek apart of the big resorts on the main beach. Locals come, go fishing and are also swimming with you in the sea. The wonderful umbrellas give a unique touch to the hotel.

The breakfast is served at the table and is excellent (eggs cooked as you wish, pancakes, local fish soup, fried rice, homemade bread...). The restaurant is also good and cheap compared to other hotels but more expensive as if you go to local restaurants. Local restaurants are a bit apart but you can easily catch a cheap touktouk (2000K) just in front of the hotel.

The rooms are big, clean and well decorated. We just had a noisy ventilation in our bathroom which was a little bit annoying. The garden is well taken care of.

The massages are nice and are again cheap compared to other hotels. I tried the face massage including face wash with the famous tanakaw and I enjoyed it.

Furthermore, it was my boyfriend's birthday when we arrived and the hotel offered us a bottle of sparkling wine and a piece of fruit cake.

To summarize I would recommend this hotel to a couple for a romantic stay. The employees are all very friendly, helpful and speak a perfect english. (The hotel management is also running a school where local children can learn English for free, so this might explain why their English is so good)

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank 900marieeves
Yoma_Cherry_Lodge, General Manager at Yoma Cherry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you very much for your review, and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here. I checked that you stayed in room 7 and that the extractor fan in the bathroom was making a noise when you switched it on. It was reported and fixed. We sincerely apologize for this. We do hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

A very nice hotel with friendly staff and excellent food. The room are large and comfortable.
The hotel does not have a pool but this is no problem as it is on the beach and you can swim directly in front.
Not being on the main Ngapoli beach it is a lot quieter and away from all the new building that is going on.
Get up early (6h00) and watch the local fishing boats landing their catch of Anchovies.
A great place to relax for a few days.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew K
Yoma_Cherry_Lodge, General Manager at Yoma Cherry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Thank you very much for your review, which we, the Yoma Cherry team greatly appreciate. We are so very pleased that you enjoyed your time here, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I had known sue, who manages Yoma Cherry because I sponsor children in connection with her charity school. My room was spacious with lovely teak flooring, pristine whie bathroom and extremely comfortable super king bed. There is 24 hour air conditioning and wifi in the rooms. The restaurant overlooks the beach and the food is delicious and reasonably priced. All the staff speak good English, most of them having attended Sue's school. They always smile and make you feel welcome. I also enjoyed a couple of massages at the spa, really excellent. I would return here at the drop of a hat! Sue and her husband are very hospitable and always find time to talk to their guests. The hitel has its own bus which picks you up and ferries you back to the airport.

Room Tip: I preferred a room overlooking the garden but sea inew rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo