“A perfect place to relax”
Review of Yoma Cherry Lodge

and 1 more site!
Yoma Cherry Lodge
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Ngapali
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I had known sue, who manages Yoma Cherry because I sponsor children in connection with her charity school. My room was spacious with lovely teak flooring, pristine whie bathroom and extremely comfortable super king bed. There is 24 hour air conditioning and wifi in the rooms. The restaurant overlooks the beach and the food is delicious and reasonably priced. All the staff speak good English, most of them having attended Sue's school. They always smile and make you feel welcome. I also enjoyed a couple of massages at the spa, really excellent. I would return here at the drop of a hat! Sue and her husband are very hospitable and always find time to talk to their guests. The hitel has its own bus which picks you up and ferries you back to the airport.

Room Tip: I preferred a room overlooking the garden but sea inew rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Third year coming here, all in October, and I hope to continue this ritual holiday for at least a few more years. The grounds are excellently tended, the staff extremely attentive and friendly, and the beach is sublime!
Between two longer, more developed beaches, this bay is the best by far in my mind. A negative (there's always one...) is that the villagers, while very nice, enjoy tossing their trash onto the beach, or into the sea; mostly cans and bottles. This apparently gets somewhat cleaned up come high season (November), yet it shouldn't happen: locals 'crapping' where they eat, so to speak.
Sue, the manager at Yoma, has educated extensively on this, yet old habits die hard...

Room Tip: $10 more for a second-storey room is worth it, though ground floor is very nice too!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Yoma_Cherry_Lodge, General Manager at Yoma Cherry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you very much for your review which the Yoma Cherry team really appreciates, as we all want you to have a good time. Our beach is cleaned daily, but as in most developing countries, the locals do drop the rubbish. As well as managing Yoma Cherry, I also run a charity school, and each Sunday some students, teachers and I collect trash in different parts of the village, and on the beach. On a voluntary basis this is a way to clean, educate and change. We are the Ngapali Trash Heroes and the students are very keen to keep their village and beach clean.
We all at Yoma Cherry are so happy to see you return year after year.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I visited this hotel with my parents; and I have to stay that I am really missing it a lot already.

To start with the rooms; we were in the upstairs garden room. It was really lovely indeed, a perfect size with nice high ceiling. The toiletries were great addition; and the balcony with even a rack to dry clothes made the room feel really spacious. Activities and information pack provided, along with neatly folded beach towels. When I arrived, all I wanted to do was to get to the beach.

Personally I enjoyed the room being set back a little way from the beach, about a 20 metre walk down a well manicured path to the beach hut/restaraunt area. Down there, they have sun loungers which look out over the sea and the fishermen and their boats and the kids playing football. And the sea, well it's lush and warm and the sand is soft.

It's possible to eat outside or inside in the lovely wood panelled building, all of which is upkept with real attention to detail and hasn't succumbed to the rainy climate like a lot of other wooden buildings in Myanmar. Food and drinks menu is nice and diverse, and staff are absolutely excellent. Well everyone here is nice, and also the manager Sue who seems to know about everything going on in the local community and in Myanmar...a real font of knowledge.

Well anyway, I definitely plan on coming back here in the future, either with my parents or a future girlfriend. Truly an incredible place, one of the best beach resorts and definitely best in Myanmar.

A few possible improvement points to make this place perfect.
1. A kettle/better tea facilities in the room
2. A local flavoured ice-cream rather than just chocolate and vanilla (i.e. papaya?)
3. Teach waiting staff to make basic cocktails even if there is no bartender -- a pina colada is only one step away from the great milkshake they made me
4. Use the foot scraper for dry skin as part of pedicure session

But honestly...I am just nitpicking here, because his place is frankly amazing and you will love it here and be missing it deeply when you've left.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Yoma_Cherry_Lodge, General Manager at Yoma Cherry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review, and we all at Yoma Cherry Lodge, are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here. Everyone really tries their utmost to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Later this month every guest room will have a kettle, so that it is more convenient. Apologies if the pina colada was not up to scratch, and we have taken your comment on board, and will do some more training with our new staff on making cocktails. We do have three barmen who make super cocktails, but there is always room for improvement with new staff. Our icecream is homemade, so we will try out some new flavours. We continually try to improve our service and facilities.
We hope that you will return one of these days, and you can be sure of a very warm welcome. Once again we appreciate you writing the review.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My husband and I stayed here for about 4 days last October in the garden room and the hotel, the grounds, the STAFF, the food, the experience FAR exceeded our expectations, which were rather high after scouring Trip Advisor. The place is unspoilt, tranquil, culturally unique. We loved the smelly fish, the laughing school children, the dogs, boats, and fish on the beach. It was a sensual experience that we will never forget. And, the staff was absolutely above and beyond fantastic. Sue checked in on us all the time and helped us arrange a special boat trip to the Thande market. Now, a year later, I am forgetting the names of all of the wonderful staff who helped us, but I wish I didn't because they all deserve a shout out. We felt like the only guests and we were always greeted with smiles and an abundance of willingness to make our experience as wonderful as possible. And, it was! The ONLY thing I can even think that might be improved is an ability to make coffee and tea in our room. We didn't mind not having a kitchen, but that would have been nice. We stayed in one of the garden rooms and the veranda was incredibly lovely and more private than being on the beach. Thank you, Yoma Cherry! I'm not exaggerating when I say my husband and I think of you all the time with great fondness and affection and hope to return some day. Best to all of you!

Room Tip: We had an upstairs garden room and I think that is the very best
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Yoma_Cherry_Lodge, General Manager at Yoma Cherry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Thank you so very much for your review. We all genuinely try our very best to make everyone's stay the very best experience. In fact we get so many guests who come back time and time again, and it is so nice for us, to welcome them back. Very often some guests will know other guests from another country, as they have all stayed here before.
It is so important for us that you have enjoyed your stay here. One thing is that as you say we could improve on, is the tea and coffee facility. We do provide hot water and Nescafe and English tea bags, but we will look to see how we can improve this. We are trying to upgrade things each year. Once again thank you so much for taking the time to write the review, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Very charming place, wonderful hotel and fantastic staff. The room was spacious and clean, no TV, no fridge and no toiletries. The staff are so accommodating friendly, nice and speaks good English. Very nice beach, very nice rooms. We could not recommend this hotel more and hope to come back one day.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Yoma_Cherry_Lodge, General Manager at Yoma Cherry Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Each and everyone of our team do their very best to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Starting next week we are now going to have toiletries in each bathroom.

We get many repeat guests and do hope to see you again.