“Mediocre ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I had the smoke chicken enchiladas which were pretty bad. The side salad and bean/corn salad were OK. My wife had the hamburger which was burned. Pass if you can.

2  Thank richard c

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Delightful in every way. Great staff, real rocking chairs on porch looking towards the far hills, comfy chairs by fireplace, buzzer tells you when your table is available, excellent food, and actually happy servers that are enjoying their lives (just adding to the good mood of the place). Roosevelt Lodge is a REAL lodge and very close to nature (we saw the blackbear Rainy, daughter of Rosy, and her triplet cubs, right near the parking lot, plus a red fox a few yards away, and a mule deer fawn and mother, and many little creatures). It's not in my interest to recommend this place, as it is the real YNP experience (I should tell everyone to go to Canyon Village instead and keep Roosevelt Lodge for those who like a charming and welcoming lodge).

2  Thank professor-type
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I was eager to eat a salad for lunch, so I chose the taco salad from the Roosevelt menu. After a long wait my "salad" arrived: a deep-fried taco shell sitting on a single wilted lettuce leaf, covered with a blizzard of grated orange cheese and two dollops of guacamole and sour cream. I assumed that if I kept scraping aside the cheese, I'd find the salad eventually (you know, lettuce and tomatoes and such?) but I never really did - or was that one lettuce leaf meant to be the salad part? Anyway, aside from microscopic bits of vegetable, the taco salad was essentially one big bowl of cheese. For those of us who know and love taco salads, the Roosevelt management might do well to call this dish what it really is: grated cheese salad. I feel bad for the young people who are the front line wait staff, because they're consistently nice kids and a poorly-prepared lunch isn't their fault - presumably, if my lunch was typical of the Roosevelt dining experience, the staff must deal with plenty of complaints (I said nothing to our genial waitress but filled out an honest comment card for the management). Perhaps they were short-staffed and still getting used to things this early in the summer season, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Lest I give the impression that our stop at Roosevelt was a complete bust, there was this one redeeming feature: "Rosie" the bear and her three cubs crossed the driveway right in front of us as we arrived. Adorable! And besides, no matter how disappointing any lunch may be, we were soon back out in the park enjoying its splendor, grateful to be there.

3  Thank gseab
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

A very poor experience. We actually had the misfortune to have dinner and breakfast here (not quite true because we left without eating what was served for breakfast).

It appears that they can’t have enough staff because the wait times were awful.

For dinner we asked about reservations at 6 and were told that they do not take reservations and that it was the busiest time. So we came back when we wanted to eat which was 7pm and were told it was 1-1.5 hours to be seated. It ended up being just over an hour. The meal was average but at least it was edible.

For breakfast we arrived and were told there would be a 10 minute wait. 30 minutes later we were seated. All we wanted were a couple of poached eggs on toast, tea and coffee. 25 minutes later our eggs arrived swimming in a bowl of water. One looked like it had been simmering for the whole 25 minutes and the other looked at the water without jumping in! We complained and were offered more eggs but declined as it had already taken an hour and didn’t want to wait another 25 minutes! Sadly if you stay here this is your only dining option unless you bring your own food (recommended)

2  Thank Milnthorp
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Had dinner the first night of our stay in Yellowstone. Unfortunately the service was poor with the waiter first forgetting to bring our drinks order and then later forgetting one of the sides we ordered. The food itself was overcooked and dry with particularly the trout I ordered.

2  Thank susan m