Reviews (1 402)
1 402 results
All reviews lake yellowstone string quartet sandpiper lodge the main hotel business center dining room bison lobby bar sun room wi fi grand old hotel dinner reservations loved this hotel piano player in advance general store parking lot
126 - 131 of 1 402 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I booked a 4 night stay at the hotel during June 2018. We were greeted by friendly staff. All of our prearranged tours were ready. I booked a Superior Room. I was disappointed in the location of our room, especially for the price we paid for the room. It was at the very end of a long corridor. Yes, the views were great from the room. The room was clean and well-appointed. The amenities in the room were good. One thing I MUST tell you is that there is NO wi-fi in the hotel, nor is cellular service available, unless you are a Verizon Customer. There is wired wi-fi in the room, but not very good. Planning the location of the plug was not very well thought out. The plug was located on an end table with a lamp and telephone. You have to be very careful how you place your laptop on the table. We did not mind this, as we were not there to watch television (none in the rooms) or worry about wi-fi. I was told that we could go to the lodge to pay for wi-fi (?) why not at the hotel? The ambience of the hotel was great. Finally, about the room, I figured out that I was given an ADA room? There was a buzzer outside the door to alert people with hearing or eyesight disabilities. Based on the rate we paid, I would have expected a different room. The location of the hotel is great. We would definitely stay here again. Do not let my review fool you. This is a very nice hotel. Just make sure you check on what you are getting.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Lake Yellowstone have beautiful views.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Lake Yellowstone Hotel while visiting the park. The hotel looks to have been recently restored but lacks a few modern amenities. Then again, you don't visit Yellowstone for modern amenities. There's a restaurant in the hotel that serves a great dinner and breakfast. We weren't there for lunch.

The rooms on one side of the hotel have a view of Lake Yellowstone while those on the other view the parking lot and the woods beyond. Our bed was very comfortable and the room had plenty of AC. The room lights were all CFL bulbs which take a little while to warm up. This was ok except for late night trips to the bathroom that required waiting for a moment or two. Good shower. No WiFi and extremely limited cell coverage.

If you're planning to stay in the park and want to stay someplace a little nicer this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We stayed in one of the cabins for 4 nights. The accommodation is definitely basic and greatly overpriced but I assume you are paying for the location. We decided to eat in the restaurant in the hotel during our stay and it was awful. The service was appalling and staff clearly have not had enough training. I was half way through my starter and needed the restroom, when I returned (5 mins max) my husband had told the waitress I was still eating but upon my return the main courses had arrived. I had a steak which had not been rested and had bled all over my mashed potatoes. The waitress was aware we were not happy as she did not return to enquire how our meals were. When she returned to take our plates again she didn't ask why we had both left more than half of them. for $160.00 I would expect much better customer service and more knowledge from the kitchen as and when to send out food. I have to say the bar staff were excellent so I think overall its the restaurant that need to get their act into gear !!

1  Thank THM1
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The Lake Hotel is beautiful and the setting could not be more perfect. I made last minute reservations, so my choices were limited within the National Park. The service was very good—I had no problems. The Sun Room Lounge is perfect in the early evening when there is a pianist then a string quartet. A perfect setting with exceptional music! My gripe, and it is a big one, is that I paid more than $500 per night for a modest room, and that does not get one a lake view, but an ugly view of the parking lot. Xanterra is ripping off visitors to our National Park IMO.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank RedYoga
Reviewed 25 June 2018

The room was clean and in great shape, the staff friendly and helpful, the ambience overall elegant and lovely. Highly suggest staying here if you can. We stayed in one of the other buildings, which disappointed me at first, but later I realized it was quieter and just as nice as the main building. Worth every penny.