See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Friendly staff, superduper view from room. Every Tuesday morning I watched the paddle boats go up stream. Outside sit and enjoy breakfast or enjoy the swing with a cup of coffee. Geese heard there young as you watch tug boats push barages up and down the fast moving
Mississippi River.

Room tip: Ask for river view
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
vicksburggm, General Manager at Lady Luck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Thank you for taking time to share your compliments regarding your stay. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed the swing as this is a new addition to the property.

Sincerely
Joann

Reviewed 7 May 2016

We were in the area and decided we'd visit the casinos and stay the night. When phoning for a reservation, the main focus of the conversation was that by making the reservation, I couldn't cancel or they'd charge me for the room. I guess I should have taken that as a warning. I was emphatic about a non-smoking room, explaining the reason we were trying to book there was the other casinos couldn't guarantee a non-smoking room. I was assured it was a non-smoking room. Upon check in, the entire lobby smelled of cigarettes, as did the hallways and finally, our room. The stench permeated everything. We should have just left. It was terrible. The only thing we could think was that the exhaust system for the casino must empty right into the central air for the hotel. That, and the big tunnel connecting the casino and hotel must funnel all the smoke into the hotel end. Otherwise, the room was nice--nothing spectacular, The desk and hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. They have an indoor pool (which we did not use) that looked nice. It is right on the river and quiet. Might consider staying here in the future except for that whole cigarette thing.

Room tip: If you smoke, you can have your pick.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaryKop
vicksburggm, General Manager at Lady Luck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Thank you for tasking time to share your comments with me regarding the concern you had with your stay. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate your non smoking request. Immediately upon receipt of your concern I am passing this on to the General Manager of the Casino to look into their smoke eaters to see why we are getting the smell coming down the hall. Again, please accept my apology and thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

The Lady Luck Hotel was excellent value for money. We had an accommodation brochure coupon and no booking. The lovely ladies on Reception were patient, extremely helpful and friendly. We asked for a Mississippi River view room. The view was perfect and room was spacious. One Queen Bed, TV chair, microwave, mini frig, good bathroom. Car parking was free. The hotel, room and car park all spotless. Housekeeping and maintenance staff efficient and pleasant. The free Continental breakfast was basic but very good, especially the blueberry muffins. Surprisingly we have never encountered such an empty breakfast room before. The hotel is adjacent to the casino which we had absolutely no interest in and hotel guests can chose to be totally oblivious to its proximity. We had a dinner in the Casino Restaurant. Staff were professional. We found the smoke from the Casino area overwhelming. I had never smoked a cigarette in my life but very quickly had sore eyes and a painful throat from the veritable fog of cigarette smoke in the air and we felt as if we ourselves had puffed away furiously, which was a deterrent to returning to the Restaurant again. However this should not reflect on the hotel. Staying there worked in well with our visit to The Vicksburg Civil War Battlefield, The Cairo Museum, Beehrens Coca Cola Drugstore, Doll Museum, Grant's Canal and so many other sights. The old historical section of downtown Vicksburg is beautiful and very different. It was good to see the efforts being made to get retail back in the empty old buildings. Apartments even.

Room tip: Rooms along riverfront. Fabulous sunsets over The Mississippi.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
vicksburggm, General Manager at Lady Luck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

I want to Thank you for your wonderful comments on our hotel. I'm glad that your stay with us was a great experience for you. Please come back to stay with us on your next visit to Vicksburg.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Lady Luck Hotel. We had a king size suite with a view of the river, which was beautiful!!.. and also a jacuzzi in the same room as our bed.. We were very pleased with our stay, housekeeping, and the food, as well.. The staff was super friendly and smiling!!

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
vicksburggm, General Manager at Lady Luck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. I will share this with the staff and I know they will have smiles after reading. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Jo Ann McPhaul

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Had a great stay. Room was very clean. Hot tub was the perfect temperature. Pool was heated. Staff was very friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.Room rate was very reasonable compared to other casinos.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
vicksburggm, General Manager at Lady Luck Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2016

Thank you for taking time to let us know you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Jo Ann