Reviews (1 761)
1 761 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies front desk the hilton hawaiian village valet parking business traveler cheeseburger convention center business trip within walking distance valet staff continental breakfast the penthouse ala moana blvd convenient location per day waikiki beach
15 - 20 of 1 761 reviews
Reviewed 31 August 2018

We stayed at the hotel while looking for a place to move. The staff was AWESOME during the stay. The valet(s) know the area and will steer you in the right direction. The bar and room service provided a good selection of their menu.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Clinton Y, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Aloha Storyteller254438,

Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki Beach and for your review. I am happy to here that you enjoyed your stay and had an opportunity to try out our new menu in Trees. Our DoubleTree team members takes pride in ensuring our guests have a pleasant stay and our valets know the area extremely well. We hope you will have a chance to stay with us again.

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Hurricane Lane heads towards Hawaii and these hotel heroes step up.

During a very trying time for travelers as flights cancelled, vacation plans changed, and windstorms threatened, I watched the staff of the Doubletree by Hilton Alana handle nervous vacationers with competence, grace, and good humor. They really went above and beyond to stay flexible and meet the needs of their guests under unsettled conditions. Real character is revealed not when the sun is shining but when the dark clouds gather. A special shout-out to Michael at the Front Desk.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Clinton Y, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Aloha Brad,

Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki Beach. I appreciate your understanding and flexibility as our team members have done their absolute best to accommodate all of our guests during these past few days. Like you mentioned real character is revealed during difficult times, and I can not be more proud our team for stepping up and displaying tremendous team work. Michael is a definite asset to our hotel and always does his best. I hope you were able to reach home safely to your family and will have a chance to return to our hotel during better weather conditions.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

The first time we stayed at the hotel there were some security issues and the rooms weren't up to par. This time we stayed only for one night and after checking in I thought I was going to have another security issue again as there was another guest on the elevator with me that was either drunk or high on drugs. When I got to my floor, he almost followed me out of the elevator.

Stayed for less than 12 hours for this visit and usually as a gold level member we get free breakfast in the morning. However because I had to catch a flight early in the morning - this was not even offered to me. It would have been nice to have been offered the 1000 bonus points instead since they knew I was not going to be able to utilize the breakfast. The Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki had done just that the day before ....

The checkout process was easy and the valet and team members at the desk made it quick to check out so I wouldn't miss my flight. Was even given an extra cookie (which are always delicious) in the morning. So overall, some improvement - but I would still choose a different Hilton to stay at in Waikiki before this one.

Room Tip: stay on the higher floors away from the end of the halls / fire exits.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Clinton Y, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Alana - Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Aloha Wendy,

Thank you for staying with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Alana Waikiki Beach. Please rest assure that we have 24/7 hotel Security on site and our guest safety and well being is our number one priority. Thank you for also utilizing our Digital Key that allows you to go straight to room. Because of your early checkout, I have submitted a request to have 1,000 bonus points added to your Hilton Honors account. I am happy to hear that you had received excellent service from our Front Desk and Valet teams. They take pride in making sure our guests have a positive experience. I do hope you have an opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Reviewed 23 August 2018

I know the level of amenities to expect from a Doubletree and this one definitely delivers.

Check-in/ check-out were super efficient and friendly. The location is good and within walking distance (for me) of Waikiki. My room was great - everything worked as promised, super clean and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Aloha Cyba,

Thank you for staying with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Alana Waikiki Beach. I appreciate your positive feedback about Front Desk staff and am happy to hear you had a wonderful experience. Our Housekeepers take pride in their work and want to ensure our guests have a clean and comfortable room. We hope you can visit us again!

Mahalo,

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Except for the friendly staff, this hotel is dated and in need for upgarding facilities especially quality of restaurant & reception areas. Rooms are small and old-fashioned and in need of a lighter color scheme. Elevators are small and can be inconvenient during busy times. Breakfast choices minimal and very pricey. Anyway, even as a loyal and very frequent Hilton customer, I am sorry that this review is not more upbeat. Henk

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Aloha Hendrikus,

Thank you for staying with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Alana Waikiki Beach. I appreciate you being a loyal Hilton Honors Member and for your compliments on our staff. I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay and hope you have a chance to stay with us in the future when it may not be such a busy period.

Mahalo,