Reviews (5 823)
2 905
1 647
2 905
1 647
All reviews beach bar the banyan tree rocking chairs tower wing oldest hotel beautiful hotel waikiki beach heavenly bed older part original building ocean view old hawaii diamond head new tower an umbrella heart of waikiki resort fee
209 - 214 of 5 823 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I can see some being disappointed if they do not have a room with a great view. My wife and I visited June 2018 for a few days before a cruise. We had a room with a view of the pool, veranda, and the ocean right next to the finance office. We thought that might be a problem but it wasn't. The buffet breakfast and one evening meal was out-of-this-world. This hotel is in a great location to experience the area, eat, drink, shop and take in the local beach community which we did on our anniversary. We would go again. The only slightly negative was there was always someone shooting wedding photos or something on the stairs blocking us from leaving or entering our second floor room unless we took the elevator.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018

So we actually stayed here in May of 2013 for our honeymoon, and we just came back in December of 2017. This hotel smells AMAZING. Its right on the beach and you can hear the ocean almost anywhere in the building. The doors are always open so you can walk right through and hear someone playing the piano or get a fresh fruit drink and enjoy it in the dining area overlooking the ocean. Our stay in 2013 was fantastic. The room was clean, fresh water always restocked, and incredibly friendly staff. We came back to Hawaii this past December and stopped by the hotel just to reminisce (out of our price range to stay here this time!) It was just as we remembered. The smell and all. So clean and fresh! it is definitely on the pricey side, but it was once in a lifetime. Stay here and you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view was very nice!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We had the best of both worlds staying at Moana with our 3 children. We had relaxing times by the gorgeous pool environment and a few meters away enjoyed the craziness of Waikiki Beach floating on our tubes and surfing. Mixed up with some shopping and day trips to swim with turtles it’s been an amazing holiday. We really want to mention a huge thanks to Lee who was at the pool desk for his absolutely amazing friendly attitude and welcoming manner, his great sense of humor and hospitality. He is an exceptional asset to Moana and one of a kind. We would highly recommend staying here!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I stayed in 657 and 1886. This was my second time here at the hotel. It is beautiful and the staff are very helpful. You can't get a better location. the pool is great and the beach is great. Lots of things to do. Kids 5,8,9 enjoyed the holiday

Room Tip: Ocean views of course are excellent
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

This truly was the worst place I have stayed. The nicest staff were cleaner and car park people. I gave them a tip.
The other staff were rude and lazy.
The room was 800 USD ++
We could not get even get a spoon. Checkin was horrible. We paid for club. Went there no one worked there. Could not even get a cup to make tea. And then there was no stuff to make with anyway.
Felt like a real outsider was insulted by staff.
Told me I was not good members so would not even talk about check in problem.
I finally got in 5 hours after got there. Even though they say check in at 3 pm we got in 430.
The thing was I am gold member so had to sit on a lap top to prove it.
The check in staff never even looked at us after that day. Could not ask anything the normal staff are good but they are working people. Asked to see manager then found out he could not give a rats. Staff never even said they spoke to him.
I truly had the worst time. We cut our stay by 4 days and stayed at outrigger was much better.
Out of ten would give the Surfrider 2.
Too dear no service. Nothing nice at all

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank menu4300
StarwoodWaikiki4, Manager at Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Aloha menu4300,

Mahalo for sharing your experience with us at the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa. We are very disappointed to learn that you had a less than memorable stay with us. Upon reviewing your feedback, we are saddened that we failed to meet your expectations in numerous areas. We are committed to providing quality service to our guests, so we are certainly not happy when we fail to meet our guest's expectations.

We will be sure your feedback is shared with our team. We truly apologize again for the numerous disappointments you faced at our property. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence. If your travels ever bring you back to Hawaii, please feel free to let us know so we can ensure a flawless visit to our hotel.

Me Ke Aloha Pumehana (with warm aloha),