2 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$69
ZenHotels.comUS$183
Trip.comUS$158
getaroom.comUS$206
All reviews front desk don quijote ala moana mall koi pond within walking distance an older hotel enjoyed my stay ross walmart toaster aloha dvd
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 January 2021 via mobile

First this hotel is NOT what the site pics show! Room wasn’t how it was presented and we were deceived! RESPRT FEE FOR WHAT???? Charging $200 plus when all “resort accommodations” are closed!!! Parking inconvenient and cost even more which should be covered by “resort” fee! Manager less than helpful told us we could to stay someplace else?? Worst experience in my years of travel ever!!! Rooms outdated and beds like laying on plywood but were made to believe them switching to the king we reserved to begin with was them accommodating!!!!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2020

STAY AWAY!

On Saturday, December 12, I made a reservation for my fiancé as he was traveling last minute from a neighbor island to get our dog surgery at a vet hospital there. I booked the reservation online. It was paid in full. All fees covered as stated in the confirmation receipt email.

After making the reservation,I called the hotel to request a King size bed for him because he is tall. Guest service agent RON answered the call. First he said he didn't see the reservation yet which was fine because I just made it and he said it takes about 30 minutes to come through. While I was asking about the request, he tried to hang up on me, I asked if when I called back I could request a king bed and he sounded very frustrated and in a huffy voice said "why didn't you choose it online?" I told him there wasn't an option to, and he said "well I don't know where you made your reservation then" which made me so confused because I know I made it for the pagoda hotel, and then he went further is a sassy tone that "having a king bed was an upgrade, whatever room we give him is what he gets". I have worked as a front desk agent before and the way he talked to me was extremely rude and unwarranted. It was just a request. If it was more for an upgrade there is a polite way to inform a patron of your establishment. Going on...

When my fiancé finally got to the hotel at around 9pm, after checking our dog in for surgery at the vet hospital, he called me and asked if I paid for the room already because the front desk agent RON said he needed to pay more. I was on speaker phone, and I said I paid in full I have the receipt stating all charges including resort fees are paid, and that a credit card should only be for incidentals like if you take anything from the mini bar. I said I called earlier and tried to request you a king bed but the front desk agent was very rude and I wasn't able to. My fiancé said RON was shaking his head in a NO fashion while I was speaking. Then RON proceeded to say the credit card was needed to pay all the resort fees and hotel fees. (which I have already paid for as was clear on my receipt!) He was lying about me not calling earlier, very rude, and tried to double charge us more for fees I already paid! Why did he not ask for the receipt to be emailed to them? Or shown for his reference? This is just unprofessional.

As a result of this horrible experience at the front desk with RON, my fiancé was so put off and frustrated, he went back to the vet hospital and slept on the front steps in the cold air exposed and in danger. It was late, and all he wanted to do was sleep in a safe room. But we had already used our hotel money and paid for a room that the front desk agent wasn't letting us check into unless we double paid for resort fees!

This experience at The Pagoda put my fiancé in danger and I will never stay here again. My family has been staying at the Pagoda our entire lives and we were always treated with warmth, civility, and professionalism. We are Kamaaina, and I am heart broken that my fiancé was treated with such poor attitude by an ill mannered misinformed front desk agent.

I emailed management about this and have had no response and it has been over 2 weeks. And they still charged us for the room. BEWARE!

MY ADVICE. Stay away! The location is NOT WORTH THE MONEY. Stay somewhere better with more professional experience service agents.

Reviewed 17 December 2020

Great customer service. Very nice to be able to walk to Ala Moana beach without having to drive and deal with parking. Also convenient to an excellent variety of restaurants and bars. And, cannot say enough about the cleanliness of the place.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2020

This 2 nights stay was for staycation. Was having renovation at home so i went and get a room. I was able to sleep longer and i was very comfortable. Would love to come back again soon. Love the free coffee and tea in the room.

Reviewed 26 November 2020

I loved my stay. It was a great choice for my first time I. Honolulu. Friendly staff, beautiful pool, close to walmart and beach. I like the movie service, someone helped us with the movie machine. Good wifi.

Date of stay: November 2020