2 people are viewing this hotel
US$401
Free cancellation until 21/07/29
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$409
Hotels.comUS$409
ZenHotels.comUS$465
Reviews (1 920)
1 920 results
All reviews pool area two blocks full kitchen hot tub lobby waikiki poolside surf
Selected filters
21 - 26 of 1 920 reviews
Reviewed 17 June 2019

Location of this Hotel is quite good .... but sadly I cannot say the same about the staff behind the reception desk (Brandon being the only exception - he at least had a conversation with us!) Surely it is not too much to expect some sort of acknowledgement of customers in the hotel - especially as we were staying there for six nights! Long enough to recognise faces each day!!
Hotel itself is badly in need of renovations, which I understand is going to happen .... and quite necessary!
Wish we had chosen somewhere else to spend our last few days / nights .... could not recommend to anyone if you want friendly recognition and a reasonable standard of accommodation.

Date of stay: June 2019
3  Thank Marie M
Aqua B, Manager at Bamboo Waikiki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2019

Aloha Marie, and thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient and centralized location. We strive to share the aloha spirit with all of our guests and are sad this was not your experience. We appreciate your valuable feedback and will be sure to share it with our team as we are always striving to improve the guest experience. Mahalo for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon. Mahalo. Manager, Guest Services - Aja

Reviewed 9 June 2019

We really wanted to love this hotel. We actually did until they tried to kick us out because their reservation system was awry and we had to prove we actually reserved for the fourth night -- and the desk guy said, "OK, you can stay." Um, WHAT?

Better stuff first. We're kama'aina and their discount was very generous. The location is superb for the price. The hotel has charm, there's a nice little concierge desk, and the amenities are just right for a moderate hotel. Most interactions with the front desk were pleasant (especially Moana -- really nice guy). The hotel is clean, and I liked the decor and comfortable vibe. The pool is nicest of all.

So. The reservation system is seriously messed up, and the customer service unforgiveable. The first day we were there, we were settling in and I got a cancellation notice on my email. "Your reservation has been cancelled." Obvs we didn't do that, and a call to the front desk straightened that out. So onward to our third day, and we were relaxing in the room when housekeeping let themselves in. "Are you extending your stay?" she asked, surprised to see us. "Uh, yes," we said. Meaning, yes, we reserved for a fourth night. (When I originally reserved, we reserved for three, and I called to add an additional night. My emails reflect it, and my last res email plainly stated four nights. Perhaps this is what wonked out the system. Why, I've no idea.)

A few minutes later, I'm on the phone with a ghost tour agency trying to book us something to do that evening, and my husband answers the room phone. He hangs up in dismay, I hang up with the tour guy, my husband says, "We have to leave." Apparently the front desk has told us we have to get out.

We start madly packing and I'm like, wait, let me find the ressie on my email. My husband calls the front deks back and says we have the email stating we're on for a fourth night. Front desk says he needs to see the email. (Here the onus is on us to prove our "right" to stay." The entire exchange with this guy went this way.) Meanwhile, I call and guy says we won't be charged for the fourth night if we're out in about 30 minutes. Apparently the hotel is full, there's no alternative. Someone else has booked our room.

Finally I'm incensed and I go down with my husband, and the front desk guy (this is Saturday 6/8 around 1:30 p.m.) has reviewed the email and just keeps saying, "My notes had nothing about your staying a fourth night." OK, well, I'm sorry you had inadequate "notes," but this is your excuse and how you rep your hotel in a major snafu? He kept repeating why he was correct in thinking we'd no right to stay. THIS is what upsets customers. You can make even a major mistake, and if you own the problem and try to straighten it out, the guests are less likely to be angry.

We're down there with all our bags, finally, not WANTING to stay (and expecting a chain of emails like the very first one on our first day saying we had to get out) and the guy just once again said, "I said you could stay."

Yeah, right. I demand he print out the details of our stay so he doesn't overcharge us, quiz him on who he is and who is his manager (oh, and over and over he stated no one in the entire Aqua chain in management works weekends, so there's no one else we can call at the time.) No attempt to rebook us in another of the large number of Aqua hotels, which is what I'd have done. It was a big weekend at Waikiki, Pan Pacific fest, and Waikiki was largely booked. It wouldn't have been easy to waltz into another hotel and get a room. Believe me, I'd have headed straight for the Surfrider.

We go outside, hail a cab, go to the airport, get on the next flight to Big Island where we live, pay $200 extra for the switch, and are really, REALLY glad to be home. So here is our experience with the Aqua Bamboo. We'll never stay there again. It's a shame, because I really felt we had a kama'aina home.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank mcqueens6
Aqua B, guest svcs supervisor at Bamboo Waikiki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2019

Aloha mcqueens6,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to exceed guest expectations with all of our guests and are disappointed to hear we missed our mark. it appears human error was a factor in the incorrect departure date and we sincerely apologize for the oversight. We appreciate your valuable feedback and will be sure to share it with our management team as we are always striving to improve the guest experience. I believe our guest services manager had personally spoken with you and authorized and adjustment. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you had experienced during your stay with us. We would love to welcome you back, should we have another opportunity to host you again!. Mahalo. Z.Agcaoili, Guest Services Supervisor

Reviewed 5 June 2019

Just right. Location is fabulous, We walked everywhere and jumped in the ocean. Waikiki at night is a delight. Aqua Bamboo is just right not posh but nice people nice location. nice rooms.I recommend this place because it is so local and easy to walk about from and quiet

1  Thank Mana T
Aqua B, Manager at Bamboo Waikiki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2019

Aloha Mana!
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our corner of paradise, and that your accommodations and our convenient location all enhanced the quality of your vacation. We hope to welcome you again in the future!
Mahalo.

Reviewed 22 May 2019 via mobile

We stayed in three hotels in Waikiki during our two week visit. All three were at the same price point. The other two were lovely. I booked Aqua Bamboo based on TripAdvisor reviews which was a disappointment as the hotel did not look like the pics.

Yes the hotel is tired and being renovated but this is no excuse for providing beige, fraying, scratchy towels and thin, worn, stained sheets. The first night we were there it was too late to have the sheets changed after I discovered the stains and the state of the pillows. To avoid using the towels I wiped myself with a face washer. At least that was white.

After a complaint to reception the linen and towels were changed but there was little improvement. I was asked how my stay was at checkout and mentioned the towels were disgusting. I was refunded one night’s resort fee.

When I have mentioned the state of the room in other forums and facebook groups some have said there experience was ok. But why would you risk it? I should have read the one star reviews more closely and seen there was a theme of dirtiness before I booked. Lesson learned.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank ozlinda22
Aqua B, Manager at Bamboo Waikiki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2019

Aloha Linda and Chris,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your recent stay was less than satisfactory, and that our effort to correct your concerns were not enough. We regret to hear your comments, as this is not the comments we are accustomed to receiving from our guests; however, we will share your thoughts with our management so that we may seek to improve our overall guest experience. Should you reconsider a return stay with us, we hope to welcome you again for a more enjoyable stay in the future.
Mahalo.

Reviewed 21 May 2019

We stayed 8 nights at the above hotel with all our family .
The hotel looks tired and need of an overhaul but the rooms were clean and neat.
The beds were except-able but the pillars were a bit hard.
The biggest problem with America now is the resort fees you have to pay per day per room and the amount of tips you have to pay which is a minimum of 18% and the meals are expensive already.
The outdoor pool area was excellent as we used to meet there every afternoon for drinks and relax it was excellent.
The hotel had a free shuttle to and from the Alana Mona shopping centre but i must say the trip was painful due to the driver never shutting up. I was glad to get off the shuttle.
You got free towels for the beach and beach chairs as required.
Great position in relation to the beach and to the shops like the Food Pantry also there are bus stips just across the road from the hotel.

1  Thank ianmclean
Aqua B, Manager at Bamboo Waikiki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2019

Aloha and thank you very much for sharing your review. We are glad to have provided you with a satisfactory stay, and that your room's cleanliness met your needs. We also appreciate your valuable feedback regarding the need for an overhaul of your accommodations, and sincerely apologize for the unpleasant shuttle driver. We believe you will be pleased to hear that we have started room renovations, which are expected to be completed by the end of this year. Your valuable feedback will help us to improve, and we hope for another opportunity to better serve you in the future after renovations. Mahalo.