All reviews the ala wai canal coffee maker convenience store diamond head penthouse
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I came at 10pm and after having me in the recepction for like 30 minutes we got to the room. First thing I saw was the carpet. Super dirty, kind of never cleaned cause a part of it is green and another brown. Then the bathroom. As a human being I need to go to the toilet. I was there for 30 seconds and I saw a lot of hair in the shower and on the floor. The shower was also dirty
Windows have never been replaced, they are rusted and hard to open.

After that I was thinking that my bed wasn't clean but it seems to be.

It's hard to find where it is cause there's no poster at the street and when you park the car in the entrance it seems to be a small mall.

Also, paying 10$ more you can get better hotel and beds.

I would not come back to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Alain A
Reviewed 11 May 2018

I booked this hotel for six nights and after reading a lot of the reviews I wasn't sure I had made the right choice as many were not very favorable.

Seriously, I don't know what is wrong with a lot of you travelers who have rated this hotel so poorly. For the price and location, this hotel is an AMAZING value. Sure, the carpets are a little outdated and it's clearly an older building, but you're on vacation - if these things matter that much to you you're seriously spending WAY too much time in your hotel room. The hotel must have updated their internet provider in the last few months because I'm happy to report they offer wifi in all of the rooms. The hotel does not provide breakfast but there are plenty of choices for food and drinks in the lower lobby and many more within walking distance. The Bus has stops just near the hotel as well.

If you're not a stuck up snob expecting gold doorknobs and abalone sinks in the bathroom just because it's in Waikiki, you'll be more than happy in this hotel. Besides, your hard earned money is better spent for fun stuff like shark diving off North Shore or a dinner cruise, not a ridiculously overpriced hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank d3molitionxlov3rs
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I could list the many things wrong with this place but I am hesitant, since I think this may give the false impression that it is really bad hotel. In fact I don't think it is a hotel at all, I think it is a scam being run by a few people to make a building look somewhat like a hotel.

On the first night I found my bed covered in bed bugs, big ones. The 'hotel' staff didnt seem overly concerned about this and seemed bothered to have to find me another room in the 'hotel'. The second room was nicer and cleaner, but I was told that it was only available for me that night and I would have to move again to a different room the next night. The next room was horrible, I couldn't tell the original color of the carpet, there were stains everywhere, fixtures falling apart. However, these things dont bother me so much so I didn't complain, at least this time the bed was clean and no bugs, what luxury!

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel would be preferable
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank csabiu
Reviewed 27 March 2018

The hotel parking costs $25/night (cash only) and you have to have a room key for that, otherwise it is more expensive. The desk staff was amiable enough and got me checked in. The room key is required to use the elevator to go to the higher floors. The room was a bit shabby and very cramped. Everything worked and I did get a good night's sleep. The hotel has a salt water swimming pool and, in the lobby, there is a car rental service, places to eat, and a gift shop.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank ransom007
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Pictures appear to be from another time... rooms are not what they appear on website. This place needs new carpets, renovations and a good scrubbing! Carpets are stained as well as lamp shades and window coverings. Yikes!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple