Reviews (1 670)
1 671 results
All reviews ala moana blvd marina tower red lobster abc store waikiki beach within walking distance aloha spirit street noise flat screen tv small hotel convention center across the street light sleeper the entire staff small pool coffee machine would highly recommend this hotel
20 - 25 of 1 671 reviews
Reviewed 24 August 2018

We want to send a big Mahalo to our Equus 'Ohana! Thank you so much for taking care of us during our stay!

We've been staying at the Equus for over 10 years now and one of the main reason is the hotel staff. Rene and Puka, since day 1, have always personified the aloha spifit and made the traveling experience heart felt by treating us like family. Their hospitality is so inviting. They greet us every morning, checking to make sure we are comfortable and satisfied with our accommodations. For me, a room is a room and a bed is a bed. So long as there is air conditioning and the room is clean I am content. What makes the hotel experience enjoyable is the positive interactions you have with hotel staff and thanks to people like Rene and Puka, we have found our home away from home here at the Equus. I feel that is what keeps us coming back to the Equus. I highly recommend staying here at the Equus and can't wait for our next stay. Mahalo again Equus 'Ohana!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Chris W, Director of Guest Services at The Equus, an Ascend Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Aloha Jacob B,

Mahalo nui for your 5 star review! We are very humbled for you to take the time out of your day to leave such a fabulous review of not only our hotel, but our staff as well. Rene and Puka are the most amazing people, who embody the spirit of Aloha. You cannot help but smile and talk story with them when they are working. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure that Rene and Puka see this review. They will be so happy! We can't wait to see you again. Thank you for your repeated business, and great review. Have a great day :)

Reviewed 15 August 2018

We stayed for a weekend, and really enjoyed it. We got a free drink after we checked in, and there was live music at the bar. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. The location is convenient--it's a short walk to the beach, and there are a lot of decent restaurants nearby. As an added bonus, the beach near the Equus is much less crowded than the area near the Outrigger. On Friday evening, we were a short walk from the Hilton fireworks. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Chris W, Director of Guest Services at The Equus, an Ascend Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Aloha Meridh808,

Thank you so much for your excellent 5 star review. I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed yourself here at the Equus Hotel, as well as our location, bar, and staff! We only do our live music once a week on Saturday's, so I am very happy you had an opportunity to experience the music and our Paniolo Bar ambiance. There are some extremely talented local musicians that pass through here to play and it is always a treat to listen up close. I do agree with you about our beach access. Magic Island and Ala Moana beach are the beaches closest to our hotel, and it's great to hear the guests come back with amazing stories and pictures from Magic Island and Ala Moana beach.

From all of us here at the Equus Hotel, we would love to see you again and hope that you give us another opportunity next time you are in town.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

This a well appointed hotel but not 5 star. The location was everything its a short to Ala Moana Mall and a good walk to Waikiki BlD. Enjoy a Sunset Maitai at the Surf Rider it is incredible.Easy Jog to the Beach and a Wonderful walk to my Fav Diner experience Restaurant. Fotr that Morning American Brekkie- Wailani's ... ExPat's understand...

Stayed: January 2018
Chris W, Director of Guest Services at The Equus, an Ascend Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Aloha Walter S,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We truly appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to leave you thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time here and felt the hotel was well appointed and suited your needs. It's great that you were able to enjoy the location and that you were able to visit so many popular landmarks and restaurants. I really hope that you had a fabulous time here on Oahu and enjoyed your stay here at the Equus Hotel. We thank you very much for your business and would love to host you anytime you're back in paradise :)

Warm regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2018

One night stay this time enroute from Maui back to Australia. Stayed her last year and still love it., Some improvements, being the bar area and the happy hour and everything else as good as before, including the staff and service. Thanks again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Aloha mamiab,

You're very welcome:) I'm so thrilled that you chose to stay with us again! I am very humbled to have you as a return guest and cannot thank you enough for taking the time to leave an awesome 5 star review! Thank you very much. We are so happy that we were able to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations for your second stay with us. I can promise you that we will continue to provide great customer service and a super clean and relaxing property for when you return back to the Equus in a year :)

I can't thank you enough for your review and kind words. It really means a lot to us.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We just love this hotel and it's staff. We stayed here last year in Nov..2017. Check in was a breeze, staff very professional and made us feel at home. The housekeeper Fely kept our room clean and was always available for us when we needed anything in our room. Location for us is perfect, close to beach, restaurants and transportation to attractions. We have stayed here various times and we hope to come again! Love you Rene & Pao!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Chris W, Director of Guest Services at The Equus, an Ascend Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Aloha NP54,

I wish you could see the smile on my face right now! Thank you so much for your incredible 5 star review regarding your last stay with us in November 2017. I am thrilled that you were so satisfied with our service, property and location, that you felt compelled to write a review 9 months later. We are very humbled to have had the opportunity to host you several times. It would be our absolute pleasure to have you stay with us anytime you're in Waikiki. We want you to feel like you're at home. If you ever need anything, please email me directly at chris@equushotel.com or feel free to call Rene :).

I still cannot believe you remember our housekeepers name by the way.. That REALLY makes me happy knowing that Feli left a last impression on you. All of our housekeepers work so hard and take a lot of pride in setting up the room for our guests. It really means a lot to us that you took the time to leave this review. We very much appreciate and thank you!