Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Hotels.comUS$250
eDreamsUS$349
Reviews (1 805)
1 806 results
All reviews deluxe room breakfast was included lobby hawaii waikiki sofa aloha
Selected filters
60 - 65 of 1 806 reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Aqua Aloha Surf for 2 nights during a short stay in Waikiki. Check-In was a little complicated since first no one could find our reservation and when it turned up it was only for one night. Eventually things got sorted out though. Reception staff was not particularly friendly and always seemed a little annoyed whenever they were approached.
The hotel itself appeared to be newly renovated for most parts and our room was very nice. A large comfortable bed, a nice sofa and big TV and a clean although rather small bathroom. Breakfast was rather underwhelming. It was served in a Chinese restaurant adjacent to the hotel and the selection was aimed at Asian guests/tourists. Not much of a choice when it comes to a continental breakfast. The pool was not spectacular but OK. All in all our stay was fine, but I don’t think I would stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank elanma
AlohaSurfGM, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Aloha Elanma,
Thank you for giving us a try during your recent visit to Hawaii. i apologize for the difficulties you encountered at check in.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Decent hotel for the price. It was a few blocks from the ocean and in a good area. We slept comfortable and the rooms were clean. The coffee shops was great. It was close to shopping and good. We enjoyed our time in Oahu.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Aloha tsithx2,
I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us here at the Aloha Surf.
i am glad you enjoyed JP Cafe located in our lobby.
i hope that you will return and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Showing its age but staff friendly and very helpful.
clean, No double glazing, louver windows every room so noisy, stayed in a bigger room on arrival to Hawaii for 1 night, and several weeks later was in a smaller room for 2 nights prior to departing.
It is showing its age but Was ok for the price. and only a couple of blocks to the beach.
The restaurant however is another world.
Evening meals it is a feeding trough for bus after bus of Asian tourists, you find a table and sit to eat and a bus load arrives, seems like is on a time limit to eat then out before the next bus arrives.
Breakfast ! well, the lady needs to go on a course for host responsibility.
The "free" continental breakfast does not come anywhere near a continental breakfast as far as I have seen in many hotels around the globe.
Normally a choice of cereals, Toast, butter, spreads for toast, fruits cheeses yoghurts etc etc BUT here there were only 1 cereal, milk watered down so much it looked more like dirty water, toast and butter only, and pancakes.
And her attitude to patrons when asked about the breakfast, got a to the point rebuttal !
So if you want cheaper accommodation close to the beach and don't mind a bit of noise, then spot on. but find somewhere else to eat.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wal W
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Ok I just got off the plane and arrived back in Australia. This place is a short walk to everything good, so location is ticked for those that have not been there. This is my third stay at the Aqua Aloha Surf. I like the place. It's older and has a comfortable feel about it. The check in staff are happy to see you, but don't jump the counter. When I checked out, the lady was pretty cold, but I wasn't after a hug. It's not the five star joint where they pretend we are family. I have some complaints on this trip that I'm not happy about. I did the 15th floor for three nights. Construction drilling at 8.30am on two of the mornings removed my relaxation and I was annoyed by it. Very loud drilling. I did call the counter to be informed by an indifferent male that construction would be from 8am to 4pm. I personally think they should do the loud stuff after 10am. The first day my shower water pressure didn't work and I couldn't shower. Annoying.
I liked the cagey house keeper. She asks you if you want your room turned over. This is in the hope you decline. Not normal for hotels. She does it in a nice way. But read between the lines on that work ethic. And made the room up to an outstanding standard when asked to do it.
So this trip Aqua Aloha Surf you only get a three star from me. In my two priors it would have been a five if I had rated. Don't be discouraged by my comments. Plus don;'t dare reply with something generic.

2  Thank David P

Aloha pally1070,
Thank you for staying with us again. I am sorry your third stay with us did not live up to your first two stays.
I really do appreciate you sharing your experience and feedback with us. This is how we learn and grow.
i will share your feedback with my teams.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Great location in the heart of Waikiki. Perfect for a short-term stay. However, the breakfast was sub-par especially considering that you can get a healthy and delicious Acai bowl somewhere else for about the same price. My room on the 2nd floor was infested with cockroaches and I could only change to a higher floor room after paying the difference in room price per night for the better room...

Room tip: Try to get a room at a higher floor
Date of stay: May 2018