“Great food and service ”

Alan Wong's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Alan Wong's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 2 564 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: US$50 - US$51
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Punahou Street and McCully Street
Description: Consistently voted as one of Hawaii's best restaurants, James Beard award-winning Chef Alan Wong uses the freshest locally grown produce and the bounty of the Pacific Ocean to create local favorites with a contemporary twist. Inspired by the unique ethnic influences found in Hawaii today, his menu reflects Hawaii's cultural diversity of its people, traditions, and lifestyles. "Taste Hawaii."
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I don’t have pictures. We ordered the wine pairing menu. Huge servings of wine. Food was amazing. Each pairing dish was a small portion to go with the wine.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 542)

5 - 9 of 1 542 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked Alan Wong’s on a friend recommendation and weren’t disappointed. From a personalised menu as we were celebrating to fantastic food and service. A worthwhile dining experience and something different.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love Hawaii. But I have to confess, my wife always makes all of the arrangements. She made reservations to Alan Wong's and I went along with them. I am glad I did! The food was excellent!! Usually, Hawaii is my excuse to eat all the seafood I want, but I thought I'd be adventurous and I had the Soy-Braised Kalbi Short Ribs. They were amazing! I really enjoyed them. So much that I ordered an additional order to take home and had them for breakfast the next morning! Will definitely have to go back next time I'm in Honolulu!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dining at Alan Wongs, their exceptional drinks & food, is a few notches above the many other restaurants in Honolulu. The ahi avocado appetizer is phonomenial! The tacos so flavorful, it seems they should have an entirely new name, because they are nothing like a typical taco. My husband loved his truffle risotto scallops. Dessert .....dreamy. (The salads I think are a bit too small, not much lettuce at all, but what were we thinking anyways, better to save room for everything else. The fresh mojito with watermelon, and the bacon topped bourbon drink was the perfect way to begin our lovely evening. Great valet parking as well.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I celebrated my birthday here and it was amazing! I recommend trying the tasting menu and later ordering the coconut sorbet, you will not be disappointed. This will be a experience you won’t forget and not be satisfied with.