“A Dream Came True Visit with a Perfect Stay...”
other travellers have booked this property
Main room in studio (queen bed + twin-size futon)
View from studio window showing parking lot  and park across the street and Waikiki beach beyond. View of Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort across the street
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View of Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort across the street
View of the entry hall
Queen bed in the main living area--has great views!
Main area of studio wtih dining table, TV, and storage closet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
msojones
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Dream Came True Visit with a Perfect Stay! Beautiful Studio Apt!”
Reviewed 16 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

First if you read my profile you will know a couple of things. I travel solo, my budget is tight and I have places on a list I just gotta see before I get to a point I can not travel! TripAdvisor has been a major resource for my research and I am so grateful for this platform that when I post, I want my reviews to be a benefit for others, so I might go on and on trying to make sure you get everything you need to know and a honest review from my point of view. I almost did not take this trip because after my daughter college bill came in, I had no money left and I am single mom. After going on TripAdvisor and finding this unit it became touchable again. My original option was $1200 just for 5 days. No way! This unit came way way below that but I was worried as to why such a good deal. By the way, my entire trip airfare and this unit priced under $1100.00 for a week, with activities! Don't TELL ME YOU CAN'T DO IT! STOP DREAMING ABOUT IT AND JUST DO IT! I DID and WOW!

Before renting this unit, I read all reviews for it and the area, that I could find. I googled everything in the area and even went to street view and did a mocked walk down the street. I did not know still what to expect because the price was so competitive and I had been blessed in the passed with rentals that were low and still good, but would this unit be the one that fool me?

Well....THIS WAS A DIAMOND 5 STAR RENTAL!

First.
Communication: The studio unit is in a residential building, which means owners live in this building and this is their home! The building has obvious normal wear and tear for its age, and carpet shows it as well. Owners smoke and do as they please at home, but the question was, how the actual rental unit was maintained and was it worth a stay for a week. Renting the unit was so affordable and easy to communicate with the owner. There was a quick response and I could tell she cared about me having a successful trip. Since I was traveling alone for my birthday and on a budget that was so tight there was no juice to squeeze from the turnip, the owner made it a priority to help me find all the free activities in the area during my stay, as well as coupons, for the others. She offered to make sure books were in the unit for my reading pleasure and provided me with all the details of the surrounding location of this unit. This unit was half the price of the Hilton hotel across the street even with my Hilton discount.

What You Get: A clean and well maintain unit that made me feel as though I was at home and not at a hotel or motel. It had a queen bed/couch and a twin bed/chair. There is not a balcony but the dining table (see picture) is located near an all window/glass wall with a view that is MORE THAN breathtaking. The unit had TV, Cable, WiFi, Dishes, Microwave and Toaster Oven, Mini Refrig, Dishes, some spices, and kitchen equipment. The bathroom was small, but just enough for a studio apartment. There was a boogie board, scuba equipment, umbrella, coupons and local activities books, linen for the twin bed/chair, an armoire to hang clothes with 2 drawers, table with 2 chairs, books, iron (hidden in a small decor box) and a small stool by door. Instead of a wall, you get an entire window that even opens up for fresh and the sounds of the city. There is no phone in this unit, but I use my cell phone anyways.

What you see: OMG! The city, the beach, the local area, rainbows when they appear, park, the trolleys, buses, and (just look at the pictures I am attaching)

Location: Across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village and a park, that made it easy for me to partake in the Free Friday Night Fireworks at Hilton, the many many different shops and restaurants, and entertainment activities with only walking across the street to the right of the front door (facing the beach).
To the Left of the front door with just a block walk to Kalakaua Avenue and make a right on that street and about block up you are at Tiffany and Company, Chanel, Gucci, all so many shops I can't mentioned. The Trump plaza and Waikiki post office, and more. Once in the shopping area, one street over, the Rolex store, Jimmy Choo, Macys, Waikiki Shopping centers, Forever 21, H&M, just to many dog gone shops to mentioned. Remind you, I walked to all these places within a few mins from the unit. AND AT THE END OF THESE SHOPPING STREETS ARE THE BEACH where I saw free Hula Shows near the Duke Statute, and took such beautiful photos. I even saw the Hawaii Five 0 season premier with the cast right on the beach! I could go one but if this is not enough (send me a question).

At the door of the condo is great food, I ate at Chef Chai at the street level of the condo, a seafood lobster all you can eat buffet restaurant, and deli and 2 priced right gift shops right by the downstairs entrance to condo. The park across the street is having construction and so is the Hilton, so i did hear the construction but was so taken by the view I didn't mind the construction. The construction affected where you cross the street, but there was plenty of crosswalks. There is also an McDonalds and Red Lobster to the right of the front door 2 blocks down and more shops and food options, still walking distance.

Transportation: I took the local trolley $2 to almost everywhere I went, and loved the open style transportation, and if it was raining, I took the local bus $2.50 but was limited in taking the pictures since it was an actual bus and had to take pictures though tinted windows. Both buses and trolleys have stops right near the entrance, and the coupons books (Oahu) in the room provided me with coupons for local shuttle transportation to the swap meet at the Aloha Stadium and Pearl Harbor and more, for $5 one way (a nice ride to see more of the local area)..I used speedi shuttle from airport to condo ($14 avg one way), but used a taxi back to ensure I got to airport on time due to all the stops they have to take since you are sharing the ride and i did not want to leave 2.5 hours early due to the stops. The local taxi cost me $28 one way from Condo to Airport and i was traveling alone.

Security: It is a residential unit and not brand new, but I saw security and hotel maintenance daily, working around the unit and keeping it up and they did not hesitate to help me know where to go and how things worked for the building. The garbage dumpster was directly across from elevator and that came in handy for me to know cause i dumped trashed each night and the staff gave me those tips. The key was easy to locate for checkin and security cameras in halls and elevators. To get on the elevator you need to use the elevator key (fob) and to press the floor you going to you have to use it again. No one trying to sneak on the property will get to far without both the key and the fob and the cameras are always watching.

Other Notes: (I've talked to much now but if this is helpful please mark it helpful so I will know for future purpose if I talked to much or need to talk more. but other notes..The pool and laundry facility is on the 5th floor and needs the fob to access and the view from there and the lounge chairs covered area to watch the view outside was so awesome! The washer and dryer are not coin operated but credit card operated and was easy to use. Near the condo are the ABC stores (on every block) and they carry your last minute, convenient store types items and gift items but can become pricey. You can take the bus or trolley down to the Ala Mona shopping area and directly behind the shopping center is a Walmart and Walgreens and got my household needs and snacks from there to save money and get out into the local area.

Side note about the moving around the city:
As you travel though the city, beware of hustlers trying to ask you for money ( some i am sure are in need and others might just need to stop hustling an get a job if they can) but some get pretty demanding and they work in pairs I noticed. This does not take away from the city because it is every state, but a note to beware so it will not surprise you. Even wheelchair homeless people who look very sad as you walk through the city and some just laying on the sidewalks sleeping and tired near the Ala Mona shopping area.

The Beach location is obvious and you have easy access for many points. You can go through the Hilton to the beach or any of the streets will end at the beach if you go in that direction.

Liked best: The Location and View
Liked least: The curtains in the unit
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
hikerKati...
Bozeman, Montana
“Great place for the price”
Reviewed 15 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

The place was clean and well-stocked with towels, a boogie board, and a snorkel. I shared the place with two others (a couple), and unlike previous reviewers found the space perfectly adequate for three people. The view from the windows was great, the building is very secure, and the manager was extremely helpful and responsive. I'd definitely recommend this place!

Travelling group: Friends
Oldy66
Edmonton, Canada
“"Cozy, comfortable, convenient and affordable place for a dream vacation"”
Reviewed 26 May 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

Perfect place for a couple with 1 kid or older couple with a grandchild.
It is ideally located, within walking distance to everything Waikiki has to
offer; It is on main bus route, close to restaurants, beaches, kiosk for
car rentals as well as water sports equipment rentals and bus tours
pick-up and drop-off place, are just steps away from the apartment.
Twelfth floor Studio is in a very clean quiet and secure building with
a gorgeous view of a Diamond Head mountain (State park) to the left
and Park De Rossy just ahead across the street, behind park and over
skyline of various Waikiki hotels and to the right it is a priceless Ocean-
view. Studio apartment it self is small, but clean and accomodating, with
kitchen to prepare your breakfasts at your own pace. We enjoyed very
much and valued comfort, security and privacy of the place for 1/2 to 2/3
less then an average hotel in Waikiki. Being close to all attractions, with
great view and above all very affordable. You can't beat that anywhere.
It was our first visit to any of the Islands and I wish we had more then 7-
days to stay in Waikiki, it was our first privately rented place ever on the
islands or the continent and we consider our self's very lucky to find gem
like that in Waikiki of all places. We had rented a car at the airport for the
duration of our stay, Karon the owner suggested to reserve parking spot
for us for 1/3 of what hotels are charging, thanks God we took it, since
free parking in Waikiki during daytime is nonexistent, we don't know how
it would be to park the car in the evening. On our evening walks parking
lots were always full.
You need lots of patience driving the roads in Waikiki day or night as they
are full of cars and pedestrians, rest of the Island out of Honolulu is not as
bad and you can enjoy the scenery and the driving itself to the fullest.

Communication with Karon the owner and Tekka her associate was very
prompt from booking till check out time. They gave you most answers before
you even had chance to ask the questions. They have so much knowledge
and experience, they will do anything and everything to make your stay at
the studio pleasant, enjoyable and memorable one.
Karon new through our previous correspondence that our check-out time
was 11:00 am and the flight at 11:30 pm, so she phoned same day in the
morning and offered us extended stay for free till we needed to go to the
airport in the evening, since she had no check-in for that afternoon.
I would say it does not get any better then that and anyone that books
the Studio is not going to regret it, I am definitely and gladly recommending
this place to all my relatives and friends. Knowing first hand how prompt,
passionate, caring and accommodating the owner is I am sure that if you
rent any other property of theirs on the same island are of the same value
and equally satisfying.

Thanks Karon and Tekka for great memories from Waikiki!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Price, view, location, privacy, security
Liked least: Can't think of anything. Maybe; experience in setting or programing air conditioning.
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
bribiebow...
Brisbane Region, Australia
“Handy to beaches and eateries clean great”
Reviewed 24 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Location great very clean and tidy bet sitter we had a great stay local eateries close and handy the best meal we had was at the Red Lobster fantastic

Liked best: handy location
Liked least: a bit of noise as construction across the road
Friends getaway Older travelers
Lois S
“Great Views of Diamond Head Crummy Bed to rest my head.”
Reviewed 29 April 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

The studio was quaint and did have views of Diamond Head and ocean as promised. Bed needs to be upgraded immediately if not sooner. It was close to lots of shopping and food and beaches. We did not go to Hawaii to hang out in a room so it worked out good for us. We had a few glitches, but nothing that could not be over come with a few phone calls and emails.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing