“Great experience and great company”
Review of Living Ocean Scuba

Living Ocean Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Scuba Diving tours in Oahu, Hawaii. Scuba diving tours at Hanauma Bay Nature preserve (no experience required) and Boat diving charters from Waikiki. We offer two trips daily at Hanauma Bay, the perfect place to try scuba diving. Also check out our Two Tank Shipwreck and Reef charter in the morning for certified divers and the Two Tank Turtle and Reef dive in the afternoon - great for new, inexperienced and rusty divers. Boat dives include free transportation from Waikiki.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a fantastic experience at a beautiful bay. Nate our dive instructor was pleasant and relaxed but professional, he was on time, organised and gave us clear instructions.
We had a small group of four who were all beginners. He was very supportive but gave us plenty of opportunity to decide whether we could do it or not. He took us along at a suitable pace with plenty of time on land at first, then in shallow water and he made sure were all comfortable before taking us into deeper water. By the end of the afternoon we were all hooked. We saw lots of different fish and other sea life.

The equipment that was supplied was good quality and the wet suit was comfortable and fitted well.

Hanauma Bay is a nature reserve and that does mean that the diving equipment is put on in the car park and you then catch a small train down to the beach. The walk into the water is across a sandy beach. There is a cost to enter the bay that is included in the dive price and everyone must watch a video about the bay before you enter. There are food and amenities at the site.

I booked a scuba experience from home before I left for our holiday in Hawaii. It seemed like a good idea at the time. When I arrived I wasn’t sure I could do it and on the day I considered chickening out. I am so glad I didn’t it was an amazing experience and has given me confidence to do it again. Thank you Nate and Living Ocean Scuba.

All reviews
"hanauma bay"
in 52 reviews
"sea tiger"
in 25 reviews
"white tipped reef sharks"
in 6 reviews
"afternoon dive"
"deep dive"
"between dives"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was such a cool experience and the instructors where so helpful and they made sure you we’re comfortable. 11/10

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a rocky late start, I was paired with my dive guide and 2 other new divers for my group. We were the last group to go into the water, but we also were the last one back. My personal achievement, coming back to the boat with more air than the rest of my group, 1300 psi. For our 2nd dive, I got to stay in the water after the rest of the group were low on air. I just hung out at Nautilus Reef watching all of the marine life go by until I got cold enough to end my dive.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As this was our first scuba diving experience, we had no expectations, but even if we had, this team would have blew them out of the water! (Pun intended lol) they’re such a funny and helpful bunch. Very patient and understanding, great vibes, even snacks and drinks provided on the boat! They showed us a whole new life below sea level and its incredible. Special thanks to Drew, our guide, for getting some great photos of us!