“Entree to go...”

Cuisines: American
Description: Hospital Cafeteria open to the public
Description: Hospital Cafeteria open to the public
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After my appointment I went to the Café to see what they had and low and behold they had a Cajun Shrimp with Grits on the Menu! Went ahead and ordered it for the first time and am very pleased with the taste, presentation, etc...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife had a gall bladder attack and required emergency surgery at the Straub clinic.
I wanted to post a hearty thanks to the team at this hospital. If you are ever sick and require the top treatment from the friendliest and most caring of medical teams, this is the place to get it. The café saved me from starvation for the time my wife was there.

Good food a good price. Friendly staff and clean. It appears to be the only game in the area. I did see people carrying take away food passing by but could not locate the source. Anyway the Café was great.

We had to cancel all our ongoing plans to the USA and came home on Jetstar the next available flight. Charged me 494 dollars to rebook from our original flights. No compassion at all. Needed a wheelchair in Sydney. Had to wait for the entire plane to empty. We were taken to the top of the gate. Had to climb onto a buggy and then were dumped at immigration without any further assistance, Not good Jetstar,

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I had the unenviable experience of having to spend 5 days at this hospital in January. The saving grace is this cafe. I can honestly say that I have not ever eaten anything here that was not delicious. The menus even label foods as "heart healthy", "vegetarian", etc. The menu changes daily. The cost is lower than the market in the surrounding area.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

The last thing that you look to do on vacation is to eat at a hospital, but when we were here, one of our party was hospitalized for five days with an infection. A couple of the days that we came to visit her, we decided to try Straub Hospital's cafeteria. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The food was surprisingly good.

Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

Friendly, flavorful and inexpensive. Despite the fact that this is in a hospital, clearly it is not "hospital" good.

1  Thank johnfjohnston