6 people are viewing this hotel
US$358
Free cancellation until 21/03/07
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$358
Lol.travelUS$361
Reviews (1 732)
1 732 results
All reviews full kitchen washer dryer time share city view bedroom suite hawaiian village the penthouse fireworks on friday night partial ocean view toilet paper beautiful resort waikiki beach north shore family vacation ala moana mall restaurants and shops rental car
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 1 732 reviews
Reviewed 18 March 2020

This was a great resort. It's my 2nd time coming to Hawai'i. I had a partial ocean view. Plus mountain view. I enjoyed it very much. I highly recommend staying here. Anyone would have a great time, with friends, family, and everyone.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Grand Waikikian. DONT STAY AT THIS NIGHTMARE. They advertised the unit as having a partial ocean view IT HAS NO VIEW!. DAILY CONSTRUCTION UPSTAIRS sounding like a jack hammer. This property is a DISGRACE to the Hilton name. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE! Hookers all around outside the hotel.
I am a Hilton Diamond member and previous to this stay enjoyed a much nicer room that I received a free upgrade due to my status having daily maid service, daily food credit and OCEANFRONT panoramic views ALL at a price 1/3 the daily rate of the Hilton Grand Waikikian. I am heading back to the Hilton Hawaiian Village because of the DISAPPOINTMENT of this nightmare.
The Hilton Grand Vacations was built to sucker people into buying their overpriced properties by the tourist who can least afford it. During the presentation the amount they wanted upfront worked out to about 2 Million per unit when divided over 52 weeks, the ripoff gets worse because in addition there is about a $2000 and yearly INCREASING fee per year to use the unit!... NO HOUSEKEEPING, CONSTRUCTION INTERRUPTING YOUR STAY and NOTHING WAS DONE TO ALLEVIATE THE ISSUE. Hilton Diamond member says avoid this nightmare and DONT get suckered into their ripoff timeshare.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank RonnieI_12
HiltonGrandVacations, Resort Director at Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your disappointment with your recent stay. In lieu of free upgrades and complimentary breakfast, we provide our Diamond members with 2,000 bonus points per eligible stay. Hilton Honors member benefits differ from brand to brand within the Hilton family, please refer to the member benefits section on the app or Honors website for further details. Housekeeping schedules depend on the type of reservation booked, which should be explained during the reservation process and upon arrival. Our goal is for guests to feel better about our brand whenever they attend one of our presentations whether they opt to become a member or not. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to share with you the perks of membership with Hilton Grand Vacations. We wish you all the best in your future travels.

William Bethel
Resort Director

Reviewed 5 March 2020

Arrived after booking months in advance to a room facing construction and was moved after extensive conversation with a Manager on duty. New room away from beach in different tower. Constantly called about timeshare briefs (hell no) and told to pick up our coupon packets 5 days into stay.

1  Thank brianp868
HiltonGrandVacations, Resort Director at Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Aloha, thank you for staying at our resort and sharing your feedback. We hope you can accept our sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory experience. Congratulations on celebrating your 20th anniversary, we hope you were able to have some memorable moments during your time in Honolulu. Your comments will be shared with our entire team to improve our guest service. We look forward to welcoming you at our resort again. Mahalo.

William Bethel
Resort Director

Reviewed 3 March 2020

We stayed for 1 night stopover enroute from Australia to the U.S. The resort has an assortment of dining options - the Tropics Bar is great for cocktails and beach-watching. The condo style rooms are well equipped for families, but be wary of "partial ocean view" marketing - that means you can't see the ocean from your room, but possibly get a peak of it from the balcony!

Reviewed 19 February 2020 via mobile

I only give it a 4 star rating because this is not a Honolulu type of experience. This could be in any big city in the world. We had a 3 bedroom penthouse on the 38th floor. The view is lovely, the air conditioning is very efficient and the high rise feel of it is not my idea of a Hawaiian vacation. The pools are very crowded, the beach is fine, but not special. I would prefer to go to a different island or at least a different area for a more authentic beach holiday.

I cannot complain about the service, cleanliness nor accommodations. But for me, this is not what I enjoy about Hawaii

Trip type: Travelled with friends