“Not your average sushi”
Review of Katsumidori Sushi

Katsumidori Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Katsumidori Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #485 of 2 577 Restaurants in Honolulu
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Top quality ingredients, unique presentations and generous portions make this an excellent value. Attentive service supplemented with touch screen ordering to easily add dishes to your order. Nice selection of high end sakes too.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

The dining experience was great but the after effects are NOT to be desired. Specifically and during the night, my wife and I experienced strong chills and the "runs" (apologies for being direct) all night.

Beware of the "recommeded" medium fatty tuna!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Our choice to go there was based on a previous stay, but didn’t have the time. We went this time, and caught the very last call during lunch. It was a quick, great experience as they were shutting down the kitchen to prepare for dinner.

Ordering was based off an iPad similar to the sushi restaurants in Japan. There were choice of Otoro, Chu-toro and regular ahi(try the assortment that has all 3 for around $33). While ordering for a 13 year old who doesn’t care for too much sushi, we were able to order karaage fried chicken, garlic chicken and shrimp fry rolls. My youngest is a sushi fanatic and was easily pleased with maguro nigiri and the garlic chicken. While I’m pretty picky about my sushi, I’d be glad to drive out and eat a katsumidori. The staff is quick and friendly, they’re also quick to suggest whether your ordering too much(but they don’t know how much I love sushi), so they aren’t out to gouge you. I would definitely give them a try, especially if you’re staying at the Prince. It’s convenient and you get good value for your money without paying for the ridiculous Waikiki prices for subpar quality.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

While our concierge let us know that this restaurant is extremely popular with guests from Japan who know Sushi very well, we found that the staff was very helpful to beginners and actually steered us away from more expensive options to things they were sure we would like better. They explained what they were doing when they poured my friend's sake until it overflowed the glass into a box below. In addition to tuna nagiri (one of their most popular dishes) they suggested seared yellowfin and shrimp tempura. So very good. Could have been more expensive, but having an acquaintance in New York who spends wildly on sushi, I know this was not overpriced.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Can't say anything bad about the lunch we had at Katsumidori Sushi. Cuts were large and fresh. Recommend it