16 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$65
CheapTicketsUS$328
PricelineUS$328
Trip.comUS$358
All reviews aroma cafe maui brewing co front desk luxury escapes housekeeping department the cheesecake factory across the street great hotel to stay a great ocean view beautiful room awesome hotel walking distance from australia partial view the hotel staff recommend staying here your doorstep
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2019

We recently stayed here for a couple of days while our house was being repaired. It was a nice surprise. The hotel was very modern and clean. The front desk staff was excellent. The rooms were spacious and very clean. I understand this hotel was recently renovated. The location was very convenient to eating establishments and shopping. The International Marketplace is a few doors down and Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center is across the street. The pool area was very small, but had a nice pool and jacuzzi. Parking is valet only, but very conveniently located. All in all, it was a very nice hotel. I would highly recommend it to anyone. One other note, don’t eat breakfast at Maui Brewing Co. in the lobby of the hotel. They have really slow service. It took me 20 minutes to get a toasted bagel. There is a big sundry store next door that you can find quick breakfast items.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank J E
Autumn H, Manager at Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2019

Aloha,
Thank you for making us your hotel of choice on your recent stay here in Waikiki. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly styled rooms as well as the cleanliness of the hotel. Our housekeeping team takes great pride in their work and strive to ensure their standards are met at all times. We hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2019

The hotel was fine, the people at the desk were very helpful. It's only 1 block from the surf, so cheaper than hotels closer. But try not to get a room that overlooks other buildings (outs had no decent view at all). Good clean rooms. The coffee shop is a great and happy place, excellent for coffee and breakfast. The attached restaurant (Maui Brewing Co), while not cheap, is a plus. The pool is tiny.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MichaelNewZealand
Autumn H, Manager at Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2019

Aloha,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you on your Hawaiian Vacation! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of Waikiki as well as the cleanliness of our rooms. It is also wonderful to hear that our team was able to assist you with your needs while sharing their warm aloha spirit. If you have the opportunity to stay here with us again and are looking to have a beautiful view, I would recommend the Deluxe Ocean View Room. These rooms are guaranteed to be on the highest floors of the hotel and offer stunning views. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 19 July 2019

I attended a dinner show on 16th July 2019. The meal was OK and fairly enjoyable. The dinner show that consisted of a magician, Polynesian dancers and fire dancers was exceptional. I have traveled the South Pacific fairly extensively and without doubt in my opinion, it was by far the best show of this type I have attended. I would definitely recommend this event to visitors in Waikiki you'll not be disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Steve M

Aloha,
Thank you for stopping by here at the Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger to see the Magic of Polynesia Show. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the entertainment. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with their management team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to have the opportunity to host you here at our hotel one day as well!

Reviewed 18 July 2019

We loved the location of this hotel, central to everything. Our room was very clean and comfortable and serviced daily- unfortunately due to the noise from the air conditioning, we did not sleep as well as we have at other hotels (tried turning it off and got too hot). In saying that, we would happily stay here again.
Mahalia the Expedia staff member out the front of the hotel (down the escalator) was awesome and ensured we got to experience the best Hawai’i had to offer.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RosieNZ1
Autumn H, Manager at Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2019

Aloha,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and were able to take advantage of our centralized location in the heart of Waikiki! I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the air condition noise and regret that our team did not have the opportunity to assist to correct this issue at your time of stay. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that our team can look into this issue.
Thank you for your special mention of Malia at the Expedia desk. She is a great asset to our hotel and I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with her management team so that she can be properly recognized.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 16 July 2019

I loved Hawaii, the people, the things to do, the ocean and the hotel. Beachcomber was great, we were on a budget so we couldn't get a larger room but the stay was great. We got the partial ocean view room. The staff was very nice, very helpful, friendly even, the location was perfect for everything we wanted to do. All the activities around the area, beachcomber is the perfect location to get there within minutes. I'll be back Beachcomber!!! Thank you!!

Room tip: partial ocean view isnt a clear site to the ocean, you have to be on the patio to view but it was a decent view, get an ocean view room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank weretravelin

Aloha,
Thank you for providing us the opportunity to host you on your recent visit to Waikiki! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that our team was able to share their warm aloha spirit with you throughout your stay. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Autumn H