US$656
US$487
  • Pool
Adele Turner Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$293
America's Cup Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$349
US$297
Hotel Viking
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$345/night.

Fair Street Guest House(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$334
US$342
All reviewsgarden roomkoi pondcliff walkpoolside roomwater view suitemini suitebed and breakfastprivate patiopool sidepool hot tubshih tzumy husband and imy home away from homelong daysnice poolgreat vacationshort drive
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed the quiet surroundings with clean rooms in a great location. We brought our two dogs. Noreen was very accommodating, even providing balls and treats for them. We were not far from the park to walk them. The Cliff Walk and mansions are very close. Within walking distance. So we could walk dogs in many places.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Noreen O, Owner at Murray House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi, and thanks so much for your review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our favorite place to stay in Newport. Located in a quiet residential area just a short walk from the mansions on Bellevue, the Cliff Walk and a private beach, and a short drive from Bowen’s wharf, the main shopping area, excellent restaurants, Breton state park and Fort Adams to name just a few. The rooms are cozy, comfortable and decorated in a charming eclectic style, Noreen is an attentive hostess and provides an abundant breakfast. Free WiFi and HD TV of course. No glitz and glam but good solid comfort.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello and thanks so much for your review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friend and I decided to go away for a weekend. We chose Murray House Bed and Breakfast and we so happy we did! We had plenty of contact with Noreen before we arrived on directions, restaurants, and things to do. When we got there we were so pleased at how cute and welcoming the place was. Our room was so comfortable,
Clean, and had everything that we needed. I felt if I needed anything at all Noreen would come through! The pool and grounds were immaculate.
Noreen made us breakfast each day delivered by Jay who missed his calling as a stand up comedian! The breakfast was outstanding, delicious, and a really nice surprise.
Noreen should own a breakfast cafe! Plenty of privacy also. We will definitely return.
Thank you Noreen and Jay for a great weekend!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Noreen O, Owner at Murray House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Barbara. Thanks to both you and Lisa for liking Murray House so much. I like that a lot! What a great review and to include Jay was priceless. Yes, he does think he is a funny guy! He is a big help here for me and helps with so many things.
Hmm, breakfast cafe, now there's a thought to think about. Lol. Looking forward to you coming back.
Cheers,
Noreen

Reviewed 6 June 2018

I stayed at Murray House B&B while attending the Volvo Ocean Race Stopover in Newport Rhode Island. My first time visiting Newport and Murray House B&B and loved every second of both. Newport is a must to visit and as is Murray House B&B. I travel a lot and I must say this has to be the most peaceful comfortable location I have ever stayed at. There was a kitchenette in my room which I had no use for but I could see where that would have come in useful if I had a longer stay. Bed was very comfortable after long days at the Race Village sand Newport. Noreen the host was very attentive with recommendations for location attractions and eateries. The perfect host. I will certainly be staying at Murray House again for my next trip to Newport and I would not consider anywhere else to stay in Newport for me. Well done everyone at Murray House B&B. Next Volvo Ocean Race is scheduled for 2021 but will definitely be in Newport and Murray House B&B before then.

Room Tip: Quiet room, Quiet location, Quaint, Very Comfy Bed, No.1 B&B in Newport
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Noreen O, Owner at Murray House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

What a wonderful review Sixfoottennis, I so appreciate all the great things you had to say about me and Murray House. I'm excited that you said you would not stay anywhere else when you come back to Newport. I look forward to hearing from you when you want to return. We have lovely tennis events here in Newport at the Tennis Hall of fame. Check it out and maybe you can come then.
Many thanks, Noreen

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Awesome.
Carrie and I enjoyed the quiet getaway. We stayed in the pool side room which was so nicely decorated.The breakfast was awesome and so our host. We had a very warm greeting as we were shown around. The gardens around the pool and out front are breath taking. Next time we’re coming back with friends

1  Thank johnmL1642CG
Noreen O, Owner at Murray House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear John & Carrie, Thanks so much for such a lovely review. I enjoyed having you both and so glad you had a happy 33. Would love to have you come back and look forward to seeing you both again.
Kind regards,