Adele Turner Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$656
US$487
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$553/night.

US$449
US$297
Hotel Viking
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$361/night.

US$246
US$209
US$293
US$334
US$342
All reviewsglass of champagneloft suiterooftop barmy husband and iindoor poolold mansionluxury hotelwonderful hotelhistoric buildingthames streethotel restaurantrhode islandthird floorlong weekendvalet parkingnewport harborgreat weekend
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Maybe it’s because we weren’t paying hundreds to stay in the hotel, but during afternoon tea my friend and I were completely ignored. We were the only people in the restaurant and no servers checked on us or made us feel welcome. After dropping off the tea selections it was a long time before anyone came back to put in our order.
Luckily the actual tea and food was good, but with that service I wouldn’t go back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica B
GraceVanderbilt, Manager at Grace Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Jessica B,

I would like to thank you for sharing your recent dining experience with us and for highlighting some of the challenges you faced. I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and the team for failing to deliver on our promise for prompt and professional service. I have spoken with the team in the hopes I may access what spurred the shortcomings and put into action steps that will prevent this in the future. We would love to have you back to the hotel for an experience that is in line with your expectations. I would also like the opportunity to speak further if that suits you. I can be reached directly at 401-619-3529. I hope to speak with you soon!

Warm Wishes,

Alex Pendergrass
Food and Beverage Manager
Grace Vanderbilt

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful historical home built by a Vanderbilt. All of the staff was wonderful. Breakfast in the solarium was great and not overpriced. Rooftop has a great bar with views that opens at 4pm daily. Indoor and outdoor pool available. Rooms are a little dated, our bed wasn’t great but it wouldn’t be enough that I wouldn’t stay here again, fresh baked cookies w the nightly turndown service was a nice touch as well as the free champagne/wine or soft drinks out on the back patio from 4-5 daily. Easily walkable to the pier and many restaurants

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TCM327
GraceVanderbilt, General Manager at Grace Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear TCM327,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with the Grace Vanderbilt Hotel. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and felt that overall you had a good experience. I am sorry to learn the mattress was not the most comfortable and will have our housekeeping team test all mattresses to ensure we can provide a high quality sleep experience.
I am glad you took advantage of some of the things offered at the hotel and that you also enjoyed the pier and restaurants surrounding the hotel. We will look forward to welcome you for a future visit.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Booked “Master Junior Suite (king) mommy to be spa package” for weekend babymoon for my beautiful wife who is six months pregnant. Received corner room (201) with massive windows on two sides including window in bathroom. Ordered in room flowers and cheese platters which were in room upon check in and a good value as they were excellent.

Comfortable bedroom and living room with super high ceilings and walls with mansion style trim; everything really nice. No bathtub which was surprising but fancy bathroom with nice shower and double sinks with all typical amenities. Hotel and hotel restaurant staff all 5 Star perfect except Housekeeping that didn’t restock soap or shampoo and front desk had to go get it-and breakfast waitress that was so awful she’s not worth mentioning as I’m sure she will no longer work there by the time this review is published.

My wife enjoyed her mommy to be spa treatment and in-room gifts. We would recommend Grace Vanderbilt to any couple especially those expecting .

Pics are cute gate to private free parking lot if you decline free valet and chicken, beer and goat cheese salad superb dinner at hotel restaurant.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GraceVanderbilt, General Manager at Grace Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear 'Traffic-safety',

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences from your recent visit to the Grace Vanderbilt hotel. I was pleased to read that overall you have a positive experience. I am sorry to hear that housekeeping and the service at breakfast were disappointing and will follow up with the people involved. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity, maybe once the baby is here, as we are child friendly.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Dinner at Grace Vanderbilt was lovely. First, it’s located in a meticulously maintained home built by the Vanderbilt family. Ambience — check. Second, the wait staff was incredibly friendly, especially Elsa who took the time to tell us about the history of the property. Third, the pianist was excellent. What a talent! Last, but not least, the food and signature cocktails were great. All the young staff could not have been friendlier. Great job!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
GraceVanderbilt, General Manager at Grace Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Paula A,

Thank you so much for your kind words describing your experience at the Grace Vanderbilt. We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your evening and had a great dining experience. Our team is always eager to share some of the background and history of our amazing building. We hope to welcome you back in the near future for another culinary experience in either the restaurant or on our roof tops with views of the harbor.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Stayed at the Grace Vanderbilt for a night and loved the charm of the old mansion. The staff was excellent and attentive to our needs. The location to Newport restaurants is wonderful. You can park and never need your car until you venture out side of Newport.

Wonderful 5 Stars

Room Tip: check out the sunset roof top !!!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
GraceVanderbilt, General Manager at Grace Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Kayla,

Thank you so much your wonderful feedback about your (short) stay at the Grace Vanderbilt Hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your brief visit and I hope it will give you an excuse to come and visit us again. As spring has finally arrived and summer is around the corner it is even more fun to explore around town and take advantage of all the fun and exciting activities that Newport offers. Let us know when you are coming back, we will be here; ready to welcome you!!