All reviews courtyard marriott great location valet parking small bistro pizza plant canal side large shower office building sabres game train stop starbucks coffee pool and hot tub light rail bison two queen beds sitting area above ground
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I was in town to participated in the Buffalo/ Niagara Hope Chest Dragon Boat event at River Works. A short 15 minute walk. The Property is close to the First Niagara Arena, the newly developed Canalside Area, Buffalo Bison Field, Main St Train, Bike rentals, Restaurants, New Marriott. The park outside with music events is right there. The Military Ship Museum right there. This property has such character. It's a one of a kind property. The staff is so caring and professional. I was scheduled for a Friday Night, but asked if I could extend my stay? My stay was extended and I was given the same rate as I had booked in advance. The check inand Checkout was a was a breeze. They Charge$12.00 a day for in and out valet parking. Parking can be a challenge in this busy area. I have paid much higher rate at far less quality lodging.
The lobby is large and inviting. There is outside seating. The pool and exercise area are very nice. They have a Bistro Bar Eatery, Starbucks! They have a nice selection of Cold, Frozen, Treat, Toiletries at the 24/7 store. I stayed in Room 404 which is described as a Larger King Studio. My definition of a Studio is one room and a bathroom! One enters into a good size entrance way.The Living room has a fullsize sofa sleeper, matching Comfortable chair, end table, cocktail table, Rolling desk with an additional luggage table, hidden microwave and refrigerator, more storage. There is a bank of windows which wrap around the whole unit. Walk down the hallway, Big Closet, Large Bathroom with double sinks, Floor to Ceiling Glass Enclosed Shower, with Large Square Rainfall Showerhead. GREAT Water pressure. Higher end toiletries. The King Bedroom area has two side table, good size dresser. Those wrap around windows give a nice view with plenty of light. Two Large LG TV's in the room.
They provide ear plugs in case the music is to loud. I didn't find it to be a problem. Short walk to Pearl Street Brewery and Grill and many other locations. The free train is a nice plus. I called down for my car in the morning and it was waiting outside the lobby. This is a green property! If you want a special stay, different then the highrise of Marriott, Hyatt, Embassy, Adam Mark and on and on this Special Courtyard by Marriott is for you! I will be returning! I will reserve 404! I had mentioned on my early check in on Friday afternoon about the Dragon Boat competition. Sunnie who checked me in mentioned it to me Saturday night and on Sunday. Ithaca Gorges Dragons won the whole event! Gold medal, Three First, Three Top times of events. It was all withing walking distance!

Room Tip: Corner Room, High Floor, 404 is grand!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Casey B, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Downtown/Canalside, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Hello shorethinglo,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We do appreciate it.

We are definitely a unique property as the building we are in is an old state office building that we renovated. The area we are in, Canalside, is a newly renovated area of downtown Buffalo as well and really exciting to be a part of! I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of some of the events we have going on down here. We do pride ourselves on our excellent customer service as well so it always appreciated hearing that we are doing a great job!

We hope your travels bring you to Buffalo again since you know the best place to stay now!

Take care,

Reviewed 26 June 2016

We stopped here for an overnight stay on our way to Niagara Falls. Our stay was so great we really felt our vacation started early!

We got upgraded to a King Suite. The room was very modern, so I'm assuming it had been recently been redone. The bathroom was very, very nice. It seemed like one that would be in a luxury hotel. The bed was super comfortable.

The location of this hotel couldn't be better. It is a very short walk to Canalside. We walked and ate by the canal. We took advantage of the paddle boats and the over-sized games. We got ice cream and lemonade. Canalside is a very nice place to spend an evening. There are plenty of other restaurants to walk to as well.

The view from our room was the highway, but we spend most of the evening Canalside, so that didn't really matter.

The staff we encountered - for check in car valet were also very friendly.

Room Tip: If possible, get a room that is not facing the highway for a better view
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Casey B, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Downtown/Canalside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Hello PunkySunshine.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!
I am happy you got to enjoy some of the perks our hotel has to offer - Canalside is a newly renovated area of downtown Buffalo and has so many great activities especially during the summertime! We are happy it enhanced the start of your vacation!

Please stay with us again should your travels bring you this way.

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

This visit was with my husband and a pleasure trip. I have been here before while on business too. It's a Courtyard, stays true to the brand. Wonderful location!!! Near the ballpark, brewery, sports bar, parks, lots of outdoor activities.... Live music, kayak, paddle board, biking. What a great time!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello Becki W,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and also enjoyed some of the amenities our location offers. We are in a great location in a renovated part of downtown Buffalo.

Please stay with us again if your travels bring you to Buffalo!

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Super location, was within 15 minutes of all the locations we visited. Great Staff, especially Sunny & Casey, and very good valet service. Comfortable Beds / Spacious Rooms. Directly across from the '716' Restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite over the lobby - great views of surrounding area
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Hello Bill H,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!
Also thank you for the kind comments regarding myself and the staff - I will be sure to share with them. Our hotel's location is great especially during the summer season!

We hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to Buffalo!

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Stayed here for one night but I wish I stayed longer to enjoy the neighborhood. It is in the newly developed waterfront park of Buffalo and readily accessible by car or public transportation. The tram stops next to it. One can easily walk to downtown center as well. The hotel is right by the highway entrance, but since I was here on a weekend, I cannot assess the traffic condition during weekdays.

The building is new and the rooms are huge and clean. Free wifi available in the room. The bathrooms are large but I wish there was a bathtub. But it is clean and modern too.

Good, decent choice for hotel in Buffalo.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Casey B, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Downtown/Canalside, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Hello DDP72NY,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am happy you were able to enjoy the new Canalside area! It is exciting to be located down here where it is all happening! Thank you as well for the kind comments about our hotel - some of our rooms have bathtubs so next time you stay just let us know!

See you next time you are in Buffalo!