“Yum”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Backyard Ale House provides a casual laid back atmosphere. We feature one of the areas largest selections of Micro, Craft, & Import beer menus. Unique all-season outdoor dining and bar.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My husband and I stopped here for a late lunch last Tuesday when we were in Scranton, and so happy to have done so. Our server, Jeff, was friendly, helpful and attentive. Good beer menu and since I didn't know which to pick, he gave me three samples and now I have a new favorite. There is outdoor seating, but it was hot so we ate inside.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

If you arrive early it is fine. But later is full of college kids. Drinks are average priced and atmosphere nice on the patio.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

The atmosphere at the Backyard Alehouse is extremely friendly and courteous. The staff make you feel welcomed. They are very accommodating and have a great beer knowledge. Food selection is varied and included vegetarian choices. The food is served very hot so you know it was just made. It is a great place to go on a date or with your entire family.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We stopped in on a warm day and had cool drinks and good food. We had 3 different brews, all good and a Tuscan veggie & cheese grilled sandwich which was well prepared and flavorful. Prices were reasonable.Servers were very attentive and the atmosphere was pleasant. Music and lots of conversation but still able to talk without yelling. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

One of the more enjoyable locations to drink craft beer in the Wyoming Valley. A bit pricey by local standards, but not outrageous.
Bartenders are friendly and quick to serve, though I've never found them to be beer experts which you expect from such an establishment. Even basic differences in beer sometimes escapes them. For instance. I asked the bartender, nice lad, if he liked Belgian triples, and he informed me he didn't like barleywines. Ooooook then. Well, not everyone can be beer educated.

The location is great in Scranton, the food is large portions and the taps are rotating constantly. The list of bottles is staggering. I'd recommend this spot for watching a sports game, meeting colleagues or just enjoying some craft beers by yourself.