All reviewshall of famefront deskcomplimentary breakfast was goodroom was cleanthe barngreat hotela hilton honors memberconvenient locationfridge and microwavewafflesnice stayeasy accessup to datesix flagswould stay againbig eoff the highway
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We had a golf fund raiser last Monday in the Springfield area and I booked the Hampton Inn once again. I stayed there two years ago for two night while attending a trade show and it met the needs. This time the hotel had completed some room upgrades (I thing) and I was very happy with the room. Last time I drove to the hotels but this time I was meeting an associate Monday morning so took Uber from the airport and checking in about 5 pm Sunday night.
And yes, I did have some issues.... I booked through Hotels.com as I almost always do and expected the front desk to ask about my Hilton Honors account when I checked in, which they did not. Hilton Honors provides free upgraded wi-fi and even when I called after having a problem connecting they did not ask about my HH account. Most Hilton properties do.
Secondly, I wanted to take a 30 minute walk before dinner and found that the hotel is surrounded by a ghetto with several derelicts circling about on bicycles. This was just 1/2 a block from the hotel. I have to say that I was very uncomfortable being dressed business casual, I don't own any "homeless" attire that would have made me fit in so I left the area immediately. I then walked under the highway to Pizzaria Uno (5 minute walk) and was not happy walking there or back despite seeing two police cars in the area. Looks pretty dangerous.
The room is fine, the bed comfortable and the hotel has a pool although the pool area is indoors and has no character whatsoever.
So my conclusion is that I will most likely never stay in this hotel ever again or in that area of Springfield. Most of the hotels in either Springfield or West Springfiels run $140-$190 per night so I'll base my next hotel decision on safety first, not pricing.
As an addition to my comments above I would think and suggest that the front desk might suggest to take a cab, take precautions or suggest not to wander about the hood. It's not a friendly environment at all.

Room Tip: Stay in West Springfield
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Lisa N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for your review and we appreciate you taking the time to share these details. Our team is thrilled to have had the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel, and we are pleased to learn that you found our beds comfortable. Additionally, we understand the importance of a convenience, your notes on the Front Desk arranging transportation is a great suggestion, and I will be sure to share your comments in our upcoming Team meeting. Furthermore, I would like to apologize for the appearance of our City. Springfield is currently undergoing some major construction for the new MGM Casino. With all these new changes in place, the displacement of the City's character is being shadowed by all the construction. We really hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the future, we have some wonderful improvements coming very soon, and it would be a shame for you to miss out on all the wonderful amenity's Springfield has to offer. Thank you!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I loved my stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed their breakfast, complimentary cookies upon arrival, and selection of frozen food for dinner. The room was very clean and had a fresh smell. The surrounding area was very quiet and I got a very good night's rest for my early morning business meeting. The bed and pillows are very comfortable. Will recommend and stay again. Thank you

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Lisa N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you so much for leaving us such a wonderful review! It sounds as if between our ideal location, amazing breakfast, and comfortable guest rooms, your stay went exactly as planned! We are also thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the hospitality provided by our Team! We work very hard each day to ensure our guest have the best stay possible. Make sure to keep us posted as to when your travels bring you back into the city. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

It's been a pleasure staying at the Hampton Inn in Springfield, MA. A beautiful hotel with a gorgeous indoor pool. The rooms are comfy, hotel is clean, a great breakfast included. The staff is wonderful, very helpful!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
5  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Great staff, very nice. Clean hotel top to bottom. Great lobby with plenty of room. Great price. Had the new car smell. Understand kids will be kids. Will use again if in town. not much in area to walk to but that's OK

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Lisa N, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, and I appreciate all your feedback. Springfield is currently undergoing major renovation for the opening of the Springfield Downtown MGM casino. With all this new construction, it has discouraged our guest in visiting all of our wonderful local restaurants, and entertainment Springfield has to offer. Springfield believe it or not, offers a large verity of walking distance dining options, as well as local attraction for the whole family can enjoy. It’s a shame we were unsuccessful in communicating these options over to you. I will be sure to speak with our Team to ensure each one of our guest are being offered all the great amenity’s at arrival. Thank you!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Would have given 5 stars if we were acknowledged as Silver members.
Stayed at this property last June on business and it was a good fit. Property was clean and well maintained inside and out. Probably stay here again

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple