“2 night stay.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Linda j
“2 night stay.”
Reviewed 2 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Beautiful home. Wide open floor plan. Only concern was the driveway which is gravel and pitted with pot holes.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Offensive signs”
Reviewed 10 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We booked the house for our extended family to stay in for our son's wedding in Luray. Although the house is large, I felt the layout is not appropriate for grandparents, parents, uncle/aunt, and siblings who I explained would be staying to the owner before booking. (The title states 3 bedrooms/3 baths but the description explains only 2 beds/2.5 baths - my mistake for trusting the title, as the owner pointed out to me when I asked for suggestions on nearby houses to rent in addition to this one). The 3rd bedroom is a loft area with three beds. There was no way my husband, three adult children, and an infant could be comfortable in bunk, bed, and queen beds located in the loft area. I love my family but also our privacy! I ended up renting an additional house to allow our adult couples to each have a private bedroom.
The driveway is a bit steep and shows signs or natural erosion, not caused by other guests. I have a Jeep and did spin my tires twice trying to get to the house. I noticed I was not the first person to note this since management answered one reviewer with "which we realize most people used to suburban/city driving wouldn't know to consider." Really?
The house is very pretty, clean, with large rooms, plenty of towels, and a pretty well equipped kitchen although I admit we did not cook at the house. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and creaked with every movement. I could actually here the bed upstairs while in the bed downstairs.
There were no screens on the windows which prevented us from opening the windows to enjoy the fresh air. There were also at least two notices posted to the walls stating not to leave the windows open due to "stink bugs" and "aggressive" species of lady bugs.
In addition to the above mentioned notice, there were at least 10 other notices on 8.5x11" white paper with typing IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. For example, our deposit would be lost for "excessive partying" or any use of "hair dye" in the sink. We were very offended by these numerous signs and did not appreciate the threat of the "loss of security deposit" via several signs. Just did not feel very welcome in this house.
The WiFi was extremely slow so we used the data on our phones. I did have to step outside to make calls and some texts did not go through via my data but I understand being in the country since we live in another rural area of Virginia.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
23 Sep 2017
We're very sorry for the experience this guest felt they encountered. The guest was advised to check out the listing description and photos before booking. The description and photos fully explain and show the home's layout and sleeping arrangements. The driveway is partially paved and yes some of the damage is caused by too much pressure on the gas petal. The signs are not meant to be offensive, only informative. The windows did have screens in the beginning but far too often, both summer and winter, we would enter the home after check-out to find windows left open and either the furnace or a/c going full throttle. The guest is right about one thing, the noisy beds. We did not realize how noisy they were until we tried them out ourselves. All noisy beds have been replaced with both new mattresses and foundations. We advise all our potential guests to review the listing, both text and photos, to be sure the home meets their requirements in layout and sleeping arrangements, as we did this guest. Please look before you book. It is not our desire to mislead anyone or misrepresent the home. We feel we have done everything possible to accurately describe the home in both text and photos.
Woody and Lisa
Amazing Grace Getaway
452theres...
“Nice views”
Reviewed 26 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Spacious extremely clean cabin with good views and close to everything. We had a large extended family fit comfortably here for a couple nights. We like to cook and due to lack of restaurants in Luray, brought food. I would advise the owner to take a couple hundred dollars to invest in more kitchen utensils. We couldn't find a colander or cheese grater, or a pair of scissors. The beds weren't the most comfortable, and there weren't sheets that we could find that fit the futon. The porches were nice and spacious. A hot tub would be nice as a future improvement. :) Good stay in Luray for a large group.

sara n
“Beautiful House”
Reviewed 4 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

The house was amazing, loved the open floor. We had a very relaxing, fun trip. Our kids enjoyed the pool table and the loft upstairs. There were plenty of board games to play with as well. We did not have any problems with the WiFi and were able to watch on Netflix. The kitchen was fully stocked so we were able to cook. Definitely coming back and will save this cabin for further trips. Lisa and Woody were great, they responded promptly and was very accommodating. Thank you so much, had an amazing trip!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Reviewed 24 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$250
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing