“Great food and friendly service”
Review of Dan's Steakhouse

Dan's Steakhouse
Ranked #14 of 44 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We stopped here on our way through actually looking for a different place. We walked in 20 minutes before closing and we were greeted politely, not as though we were a bother. There were few people in the place, and they seemed to know each other. By the size of their waiting area, it's evident the locals like it, and that's always a good sign. Locals are the repeat customers. My daughter enjoyed her chicken fingers. I got a loaded baked potato and explained to the server that it was the easiest choice for me because I can't have gluten. She asked me some questions and seemed interested in learning more. This is also a good sign...a server who wants to learn something that will help her do a better job. She said they were planning to offer a gluten-free menu, so celiacs, check back!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 7 July 2018

The steaks at Dan's were excellent, and our service was too! We had a new server (2nd day) and she was great! This is a no frills restaurant - it's a casual atmosphere with fun country decorations. The steaks were huge, and I highly recommend the fried pickles. An excellent meal!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We went to Dan's since it is the only steakhouse around and we were not dissapointed. My wife got the T-bone and I got the porterhouse. The steaks were cooked perfect. The loaded baked potatoes were also delicious. We would of given them 5 stars but the waitresses was very slow. Would highly recommend

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Poor service, waited forever for food and food was not good. Felt like this was a complete waste of money and a stressful experience.

1  Thank chessie388
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Took a chance going in. Not disappointed at all. Ordered the steak for two with side of crab legs. Everything came out perfectly cooked. Steak was huge. Way more than what it described. Crab legs could have been a dinner. Very affordable.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Dan's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!