“Perfect Day on the Water!”

Spirit of Orca Whale and Wildlife Tours
Ranked #5 of 28 Tours in Friday Harbor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Most Loved Cetaceans of the World, Friday Harbor WA 'An Intimate and Personal Experience with your captain and the whales' 6 Passenger Limit! Observing whales in the 'WILD' in their 'Natural Environment' is one of our greatest passions and after touring with us we know it will be one of yours too. Your captain is a retired captain with 38 years experience sailing mostly oceans in Pacific and Atlantic. He is a certified Naturalist and loves to share personal stories about the whales you will be seeing.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ken has a nice cozy boat. We thought it was kind of cool to only have a few people on. That way we weren’t competing with others for the best view. We saw plenty of whales as well as seals, bald eagles and other wildlife.

All reviews
"knew where"
in 8 reviews
"safe distance"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our first whale watching trip was a winner! Ken is an amazing and informative captain! We highly recommend!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The three of us had a personal voyage out to see the Orcas round San Juan island with Captain Ken - took off round Lopez Island and Shaw Island once 137 pod of transients were spotted. Adult male plus female and younger animal - who chased and killed seal and porpoise. Great weather and great trip. Ken's boat goes super fast so we were able to get ahead of the pod and then sit tight and watch them go past. We liked the fact that we had the boat to ourselves and got the personal treatment - great if a small group like us. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I went up to San Juan for just one unplanned day and night. We desperately wanted to watch the whales but had no reservations on the island and were just “hoping for the best”. Due to dumb luck and one of the local’s insider tips, we got something completely unexpected.
Instead getting a seat on one of the big tour boats, we got something a little different…..A PRIVATE TOUR of whale watching. Ken took our last minute reservation for the very next morning, which we could not believe. Then, he called us an hour before the reservation and said whales were spotted if we wanted to come early. We got to his boat and got a PRIVATE tour of the entire area. Whale watching that did not compare even in my dreams! The whales were indescribable. I was literally in the ocean watching the whales on my private tour as the giant tour boats sailed near us. I have to say, I felt pretty smug, looking at the huge crowds of people on that tour boat… I COULD NOT HAVE HOPED FOR MORE. Sincere thanks to you, Ken!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First off, Captain Ken is awesome. He has a perfectly sized speed boat that fits 6 people max which is ideal for me because that means less fighting to get a good view. He is great about keeping the boat positioned toward the whales so you never loose sight. Because he has a speedboat, he can get out to the open water more quickly which means more time for whale watching. I was presently surprised that the pictures he took while on tour were shared with us (for free) the same day, and the shots were awesome! We enjoyed our tour so much with Spirit of Orca and Captain Ken that we booked another tour with him a couple days after our first tour. I felt he was very accommodating to me as my focus was on orcas so as a result that was his focus, and I think you can only get that kind of care on a small boat with a small group. We will definitely be riding with Spirit of Orca again on our next visit. We highly recommend booking with this small, mom and pop sort of company.