Reviews (4 342)
4 342 results
2 940
2 940
All reviews eugene schlaff zocca restaurant the river heavenly bed corner suite room service beautiful hotel valet parking the entire staff valet service convention center riverwalk concierge spg conference associate alamo
17 - 22 of 4 342 reviews
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

I picked The Westin to stay the weekend for my 20th wedding anniversary. It's a nice location on the Riverwalk where it's not too busy or noisy, and within walking distance of a lot of points of interest. I booked a room with a king bed and balcony overlooking the river. When we opened the door to our room, there was a ladder and big hole in the ceiling. So hauled all our stuff back down to check in desk and got another room. Desk clerk was very apologetic and quickly got us a new room. The balcony was very small, but the view from the 12th floor was my favorite part of staying here.
The room overall was just ok. The bathroom is large, but only give you one bathrobe. We didn't use the valet parking as it's $44 a day. There is a public parking garage right across the street $25 per 24 hours. Overall it was a nice weekend, but for the price of $220 a night, I guess I was expecting a nicer room, more than average. I also noticed room service dishes not being picked up and we're in hallway all day and night. For this price point there are much nicer hotels in the same area.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank debi1998
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Dear debi1998,

Thank you for providing feedback about your visit. We were delighted to see that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, but we do apologize for the issues you encountered with your original room and our cleanliness missteps. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with the enhanced hospitality you should always expect from our hotel. We appreciate you being our guest and we wish you all the best with your travels.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Called 2 weeks before check in and 1 day before check in to make sure that my room either had a). a balcony or b). a window that opened. I was told the balcony couldn't be guaranteed, but definitely the window. Well guess what? They don't have ANY rooms with windows that open. When I complained about it they were snotty! Acting like they were doing me a favor by letting me stay there. Won't go back to this hotel ever, though the River Walk was lovely (not by this hotel though). It was dark and covered with trees and not in the heart of the action on the River Walk.

1  Thank sarahaa1
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear sarahaa1,

We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your visit to San Antonio. Our focus is on giving each guest a revitalizing, meaningful stay; therefore, we apologize that this was not your experience. Appropriate action will be taken, and we are grateful for your feedback. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our commitment to exceptional hospitality.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

My review is striclty on the room accomodation...I’ve stayed on the Riverwalk before, but not in this property. If fact, Westin is not a brand I use much, but this property is fine. I actually have the corner suite for 3 nights as a single traveler and its fine. Its clean enough, I like that it has both carpet and hard floor surfaces. Any complaint in regards to my room would be minor 1. They should clean/repaint the vents 2. While a mini fridge is provided, makes sense for a microwave to be included in suites. The room has sliding door with a balcony both in the living room, and in the bedroom. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my 10th floor bedroom DOES have doors to separate it from the living space (this was not the case in the pictures that I saw). The living room, bedroom and bathroom all are from 165-180 sq. foot, so good sized rooms. Bathroom has water closet for the commode, jetted whirlpool tub, and walk in shower with the rainforest head. For $330 per nite tax included, it is appropriate.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank BigBearRising

Dear BigBearRising,

It was our pleasure welcoming you to The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio. We are thrilled that your experience was perfect from beginning to end. As you discovered, our Heavenly Bath is meant to relax and rejuvenate you, we thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and we can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Room (river view) was excellent. Very good amenities. I read some unfavorable reviews but really don't know what it takes to please those folks. NBA team (New Orleans Pelicans) stayed the same time frame we did so I feel pretty confident of my review. Staff member (Jason O.) in the restaurant was very cordial and helpful.

Room tip: River view with balcony was excellent
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roam17380745111
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Roam17380745111,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio for your stay. We are glad that you loved our inspired accommodations and thoughtfully appointed amenities. Also, it's good to know about the exceptional service you received from our associates, especially Jason. It was our pleasure accommodating you, and we can't wait to have you revisit the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

What a disappointing hotel. We have stayed at Westins before an I am certain the quality of service, beds, linens are not the same. This hotel was equal to a Super 8 if that. Despite requesting maid service upon check in, including new towels and changing sheets, my sheets were never changed. And I know for a fact, because I marked them. I went to the front desk everyday and request they change my sheets and it NEVER happened. Every day on our floor there was room service trays that were left overnight, a roll away that was left for two days in the hall, maid cart left all week, dirty linens on the floor left for two days, I took pictures showed them to the hotel "front desk manager" and she said that is housekeepings issue. I asked to speak with the GM, she took my number and said they would call, no call. They do not have enough staff at the front desk, constant lines and one person to help.

Room tip: I wouldn't stay here.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa C
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dear Lisa C,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to leave feedback. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and would like the opportunity to discuss your experience in further detail. At your convenience, please send an email to danita.harth@westin.com with the full name on your reservation as well as your room number, so we can address your concerns directly.