Reviews (3 615)
3 615 results
2 448
2 448
All reviews rooftop pool cork bar the river marriage island suite hotel beautiful hotel living room city view large bathroom valet parking sitting area la villita the san antonio riverwalk king suite valet staff the entire staff convention center
31 - 36 of 3 615 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Contessa is a beautiful hotel with a great location. It’s right on the Riverwalk and just a short walk to the Alamo - two of the must-see attractions in San Antonio. The hotel staff is very friendly, our room was very comfortable, the fitness center is modern and well equipped, and the restaurant quite good. We stayed 4 nights and didn’t want to leave.

Trip type: Travelled with family
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay! I'm overjoyed to hear how amazing my staff was to you and that you enjoyed the proximity of our location to many of the area's attractions. Your candid feedback is greatly appreciated. We can't wait to welcome you back to our property again very soon.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Loved the room layout particularly door separating sleeping area from couch/TV. Has refrigerated and great view overlooking Riverwalk. Will stay there again.
Only issue was with dog barking on another floor. Kept us up.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I'm glad to hear how much you appreciated our stunning views and your overall accommodations. I completely understand your concerns and will address your review with my team. In the future, please feel free to reach out to our staff to let us know of anything we could have done to better your stay.

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

What an outstanding hotel. Room was great and quiet and very large. King bed was comfortable with a large number of pillows. Restaurant was reasonably priced and tasty with great wait staff. If I had only one thing bad too say is I had good WiFi in the living room and no WiFi in the bedroom. The bathroom uses a classy soap better than what I find in hotels much costlier. Check in and out was awesome.

Trip type: Travelled on business
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Thank you for telling us about your incredible vacation, James! I'm grateful that you found our hotel outstanding and your suite extremely accommodating. You're right, our staff is great and I'm glad you were able to experience our restaurant downstairs. Overall, it sounds like you had a very enjoyable visit and we can't wait to welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here while in San Antonio for a conference.

Staff were very efficient at check out and check in.

Room was spacious and clean, however the wifi was patchy at best in our 12th floor room.

Location is right on the riverwalk, about a 15 minute walk from the conference centre and easy access to restaurants and the Alamo.

Rooftop pool area is nice.

Would recommend to other visitors.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, Janelle! I'm happy that your conference brought you to San Antonio and that we were able to impress you while you were here. It sounds like you enjoyed your spacious accommodations and cleanliness of our hotel. I couldn't agree with you more about our location. Being perfectly situated on the Riverwalk is a great advantage for all our guests. Again, thank you so much for your review and we can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2018

This place was like a mini-apartment and right on the Riverwalk. The room was awesome and had a separate living area apart from the bedroom. The staff was wonderful and food incredible! My traveling partner said the steak was the best he's ever had. Loved this trip!

Date of stay: November 2018
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay, Audrey! I'm overjoyed to hear your feedback on your accommodations. Giving our guests plenty of space in their suites is a top priority for us. We want you to feel comfortable! I'm glad that you were able to experience our incredible restaurant downstairs and exceptional staff. We can't wait to welcome you back to San Antonio again very soon.