Reviews (3 584)
3 584 results
2 425
2 425
All reviews rooftop pool cork bar the river marriage island suite hotel beautiful hotel living room city view large bathroom valet parking sitting area la villita the san antonio riverwalk valet staff king suite the entire staff convention center
127 - 132 of 3 584 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I can not rate the Contessa as excellent simply because I don't think it is in the same league as the St Anthony, the Mokura, or even the Westin all of which I have stayed at during the past 12 months and have rated very good or above. That said I made a quick solo overnight visit to San Antonio recently and selected the Contessa because in terms of service it is the equal, or nearly so, of any of those hotels and on the date of my visit it was sixty to hundred plus dollars less expensive than any of them. It has a very good location on the river and I certainly prefer it to either of the Hyatt hotels, despite my status at those, or either of the downtown Hiltons. I have stayed at more than a dozen of San Antonio's downtown hotels in the past three years and I would select the Contessa, given similar pricing, over either of the Marriott convention hotels, the Hilton's and the Hyatts and would also go or it over the Gunther despite liking historic hotels. It is a very nice hotel at rates normally below those you will find at the large chains.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank jsthouston
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

First and foremost, thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate all the candid feedback you provided about our property. Being an affordable, yet luxurious all-suite hotel on the Riverwalk is something we take great pride in. Location is most definitely key when it comes to staying downtown and luckily at our hotel, you can walk to any area attraction or convention center within minutes. Thank you again for sharing your impressions and thoughts on our accommodations. We hope that we can welcome you back to Hotel Contessa many more times in your future travels to San Antonio. See you soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

The staff is always respectful , polite ,Helpful... Rooms are large,clean,Good restaurant , great Bar , and a great location on the riverwalk.Located with in one to two blocks from all the excitement that San Antonio has to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms facing town is subjected to some traffic sounds, rooms on back side shows Riverwalk..
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for telling us about your visit, Jerry! It sounds like you definitely enjoyed multiple things about our hotel. I'm happy that you found our staff helpful and amenities top-notch. Being not too far of a walk from area attractions is a huge plus too! Most importantly, I'm glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us! Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to San Antonio very soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I absolutely love this hotel! Our room was a suite with very large living area, bar, ADA equipped bath and extra large bedroom. I asked to be near the elevator for mobility issues. Excellent customer service from the front desk, the the wonderful bellmen, especially Mando L. Charles, the day Concierge was so knowledgeable and helpful. Easy access to the Riverwalk. Great outdoor facilities for lunch or breakfast. Let me tell you about the fitness center with excellent equipment, and the outdoor rooftop pool. Amazing! I definitely recommend this hotel for it's caring staff and great accommodations. Five Stars!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for telling us about your experience at our hotel! It sounds like your spacious suite was everything you wanted; I'm so glad our staff set you up perfectly. I'm very proud of our staff for showing great hospitality every day and assisting in any way they can! I couldn't agree more with you about our restaurant. You can sit outside on a perfect day and enjoy the bypassers of the Riverwalk, or you can sit inside and gaze at all our beautiful architect! I'm happy that you enjoyed many of our amenities, but most importantly your overall stay! Thank you again for your time and we can't wait to see you soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I stayed for business and did a little sightseeing while I was in San Antonio. i would without a doubt stay at Hotel Contessa again. The rooms were spacious with great decor, the hotel had riverwalk access and was walkable distance from all San Antonio landmarks.

The staff was more than accommodating- the concierge Charles was extremely helpful (had great suggestions and provided maps & lists), the front desk lent umbrellas when it was raining and complementary (ice cold) bottles of water.

I was also very impressed by the valet services. I came for work for an expo center at the local convention center and the valet crew helped me break down 30+ boxes and load them into my car.

Overall - I had a great experience & would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering visiting San Antonio.

1  Thank laurenehoffman92

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit! Being conveniently located on the Riverwalk is a huge plus to all our guests staying with us. I'm glad you were able to not be all work and have some fun sightseeing with how close we are to everything! While I'm not surprised that Charles was a huge help during your stay, I'm extremely thankful that he provided you with great advice to navigate around the city. I'm very proud of my team for going above and beyond to ensure you had an effortless stay, and most importantly, enjoyed every minute! Thank you again for your review and we can't wait to welcome you back to San Antonio!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We really liked the atmosphere of the hotel decor. Having recently been to Barcelona, Spain, we noticed the Gaudi-like door to their restaurant as well as statute in the restaurant and bar area. The room was spacious and clean. I plan to go back on my next vacation to San Antonio.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick N
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for telling us about your stay, Rick! I really appreciate your eye for art and I'm glad that our decor sparked great memories. We love the classic, Spanish flare and try to bring as much of it as we can to our hotel. Most importantly, I'm grateful you enjoyed your overall stay with us and want to come back again. Thank you for your review and we can't wait to see you next time!