“Delicious Vegan Veggie Fajita Plate!”

Los Barrios Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 4 986 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I always dread going out to eat with coworkers because I am vegan and the options are so minimal at the places they want to go. This place has the most incredible vegan veggie fajitas – and the portion is huge! It comes with a large plate of sautéed squashes, broccoli, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, then a side of rice, beans, salad and guacamole. It is the most filling, delicious food and am so thankful they offer this. It is so good that we go back now once a month just to get away from the office. There is also a few other vegetarian items on the menu as well.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We first visited this place about 3 years ago because we have and use their cook book. I remember we enjoyed everything.

This time we went just before the dinner rush really got going. We were seated quickly and our chips and drink orders happened in a reasonable time.

I normally stay traditional with places I visit rarely but this time I ordered the Enchiladas de Camaron. It was really rather good. The wife had Taquitos de Pueblo, also very good. One child had plain tamales without chili; they were tasty but a bit dry. The other kiddo had a grilled cheese (I know, I know...).

Staff was friendly. Server was quick to answer any questions. Restaurant was clean for a place that has been there for years. A lot of local history here. While its not our top SA restaurant, it is one we always try to get to.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to come to this restaurant after hearing how great it was. We arrived around 5:30 in the evening and were told that we would be seated in 10-15 minutes. Well after almost 45 minutes we were finally seated. Salsa was great, chips were a bit stale. We ordered the puffy tacos and enchiladas which were very good, I would recommend. Our server was very unfriendly and inattentive. Loved everything but the service and the noise level as it was very loud.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

First time my husband, My two kids and I went to have lunch here. The food was generic nothing to brag about, I’ve ate at way better places.

The service was absolutely HORRIBLE!! We waited to be seated for about 10 minutes and there was no hostess, the sign clearly says “wait to be seated” and many employees walked by and saw us standing there and ALL IGNORED US! to include the MANAGER! Who made direct eye contact with us!!

All were just standing around talking! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. HORRIBLE UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE!! Also DIRTY! DO NOT GO HERE!!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I went to this place for a graduation party. I was not even remotely impressed. My meal was just fair, I had to ask for silverware even. I had simmered beef in a sauce with beans and rice and guoc. I could barely eat the beef at all, which says alot, because I mostly eat anything always. The only redeeming item was the guoc.

Service was slow, the place was busy but not staffed right.

There are many other better alternatives all over SA.