“Dinner”

Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Jo Street is also well known for its friendly service, world class chicken fried steak, succulent pork chops & chicken, fresh fish, gourmet salads, scrumptious sandwiches, handmade desserts and upper end wines at uncommonly affordable prices.
Reviewed 29 January 2021 via mobile

Nice little out of the way place. Indoor and outdoor dining. Friendly staff good service. Prices are good and service was quick for being full. I had the bone in sirloin which was very good along with fries and salad . My wife had a salad with steak tips. Would recommend to anyone visiting or that lives in San Antonio.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (283)

Reviewed 29 December 2020

This was my favorite meal on my San Antonio trip. The Texas mule was delicious. I ordered a rib eye (it was cooked perfectly) and broccoli but I wish I’d gotten the onion rings. Great service.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 14 December 2020 via mobile

Excellent Food! We visit my family in San Antonio about twice a year, Josephine Street is always one of our favorite restaurants. The food is always consistent and good. We had chicken fried steak, chopped steak with quest, grilled chicken and a large sirloin steak(my husband is picky and it was cooked to perfection). Our waitress was so nice too. Looking forward to returning on our next visit!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 2 November 2020

This restaurant is so interesting as when you arrive you will see how it settled! We ate here for our 25th wedding anniversary since we were staying at Hotel Emma. We both ordered the ribeye steak and I ordered the smaller ribeye medium-rare/medium and my steak was cooked medium well. It took awhile for the waitress to get back to us and they offered to cook a new steak but I declined. I wish I had taken them up on the offer to make me a new one because I'm sure it would have had better flavor! My husband's steak was very good. We did get a free brownie and ice cream for our anniversary.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

Today was our first visit, and we will definitely be back. The food was great, reasonably priced. Liz was our server and she was awesome!

Date of visit: November 2020