“Can't cook a steak to order!”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #113 of 5 048 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: An award-winning steakhouse famous for serving Certified Angus Beef® steaks. Each steak is cooked to perfection with Saltgrass-7 Steak Spice, and topped with garlic butter. All breads, dressings, soups and desserts are made from scratch daily. Great food and legendary hospitality make Saltgrass an enjoyable experience for the whole family.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone. Ordered a filet cooked medium and it was delivered well done, not any pink at all. Second attempt, 20 minutes later was delivered extremely rare. Third attempt 10 minutes later was delivered medium-rare closer to the rare side. Finally gave up as everyone else in the party was long done with their meal. Every now and then most steak houses screw up a steak I get that, but 3 times in a row. No excuse available to them in my book. They are a steak house, you would think they know how to cook a steak!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 266)

43 - 47 of 1 266 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Service started out a little slow. We had time to look over the menu before someone came and took our drink order. We ordered our drinks and meal at the same time since we all ready looked at the menu. I ordered the beef tips medium. They were more rare then medium. All in all it was okay, nothing special

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Went to Saltgrass for dinner based on the reviews in the app, what a great hit!! Service was simply amazing, Marcy my waitress was always aware of my needs and very friendly. Food was excellent I ordered NY Strip and it was cooked perfectly, juicy , flavorful and tender. This is a must visit in San Antonio

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We had made reservations and seated quickly. Our cheese fries took a really long time to come out but it was no biggie. Their homemade ranch is really really good! My husband enjoyed his steak. I ordered a grilled chicken salad because it was so hot outside. The lettuce was awful and most of it inedible. The salad hardly had any chicken on it. Service was incredibly slow. It was our first wedding anniversary and I wish we had picked a different place to go, it was very disappointing and not worth what we paid. Should have spent the extra $20 to go to Texas de Brazil honestly.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I made reservations prior to going to San Antonio for our son’s basic training graduation ceremony, based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were NOT disappointed. There were seven of our family members; I had reserved for inside seating due to the June heat. That was a good decision. Our group ordered a variety of dishes, and everyone was very happy with their food and it’s preparation. Our son’s choice of the (huge) pork chop was a real pleaser. My husband’s salmon was excellent, as was my chicken. The steaks and an older child’s huge burger plate was a hit, along with a fussier Jr. Eater who went vegetarian ala carte! The desserts were decadent! Very nicely done! We were very happy with our service. Our waiter, Alex, was warm and personal, yet professional. Overall, a great pick! I can highly recommend Saltgrass, on the Riverfront in San Antonio!