“Lulus service. ”

Ranked #293 of 4 956 Restaurants in San Antonio
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First and last time there. The food was decent but the wait staff was horrendous. We got there at 8 a.m. There were only 8 other people in the restaurant. There were 7 waitresses there. After finally being acknowledged by a waitress (no name tag) we ordered 2 coffees. She went poured them and sat them down and began to chat with another waitress for 5 minutes. She finally brought them to us. We advised we were waiting for another couple so we'd wait to order. While we waited for the rest of our party they seem to have one of their own. The place started to get progressively busier. When the rest of our party arrived no one came over to take our order. We had to signal to the hostess. Another 5 minutes rolls by and a different waitress comes and they order 2 coffees. That took another several minutes. Finally a the 3rd waitress (Sarah) comes to our table and takes our order. She is the reason I gave 2 stars instead of one. Like I mentioned the place got busier but during the hour and 15 minutes we were there it was never completely full. We observed an elderly gentleman seated at the bar depart after several waitresses walked right by him. A little after that a party of 4 got up and left. My wife ordered biscuits and gray. They advised they were out of biscuits. She then ordered an egg breakfast plate with egg substitute which was on the menu for an additional charge. They said they were out of the substitute. (Wife is allergic to egg yolks) They did separate the yolks from her order. There were 2 cooks that were putting out orders faster than the waitresses cared to deliver to customers. If this place doesn't get on the waitresses about taking care of the customers not even a 10 pound cinnamon roll will save it.

1  Thank oztel1

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So this place was a recommendation for our trip to San Antonio. We made it a lunch stop. Our party of six was seated quickly and our pleasant and efficient server answered lots of questions with a smile. Several of us tried the lunch special test day - half a chicken-fried steak w/ potatoes and a vegetable. It was very good, and half was huge. We were not hungry for hours! It was a good kind of noisy - conversations, clanging empty plates being carried off, laughter and people chatting between the tables. A good choice for our group.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The cinnamon roll was very good. The coffee and service were absolutely terrible. The bathroom was discussing. The smell was overwhelming. Get your cinnamon roll to go.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ok, let me just say if I wasn’t pre-warned at how filthy this place was, I would have turned around and walked out as soon as I entered. The smell was so bad. It smelled like bourbon street in New Orleans on a bad night. Yuck! I made sure to not touch anything and I got two cinnamon buns to go, because I had already promised them to my kids. I never would have made it through a sit down meal in here and I am no where near a germaphobe, trust me. We took the buns back to our cabin and warmed them in microwave. I do have to admit they were pretty amazing. I just couldn’t allow my self to think about the environment they were made in.

1  Thank 6isenoughforme
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While visiting last week, I needed a beautiful and light dessert for 2 birthdays. Since I am not from San Antonio I called Lulu's and was so pleased that Sylvie understood exactly what I meant. She suggested a georgeous and delicious Fraisier cake -This pretty cake is filled with kirsch infused crème mousseline and fresh strawberries. Exactly what I was thinking!
Everyone loved it!