“Average. Average. Average.”

Margaritaville San Antonio
Ranked #293 of 4 886 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were in town for our son's graduation from Air Force BMT. Thought this would be a good place for a pretty large group. The location is great on the outdoor patio by the river. Most of us thought the food was at or below average and a little over-priced. The service was about as average as the food. I've never eaten at this chain before and probably will choose not to in the future, unless there are no other options.

NikkiGuestService, Manager at Margaritaville San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Greg K, thank you for your visit and valuable feedback. It is upsetting to know our service and food missed the mark for you. We will take your comments seriously and appreciate you reaching out to us. We do hope you give us another chance to earn back your trust in the future. ~Margaritaville Management Team

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Immediate seating for large group outside along the river,fast service,enjoyed great setting with view of the river,good music playing while watching March Madness on big screen TV.Had the Crab Cakes with a Margarita,good time had by all.

NikkiGuestService, Manager at Margaritaville San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Ernie P, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us! You should always expect an all-around amazing time when you are with us and we look forward to seeing you back again soon! ~Margaritaville Management Team

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Recently at a conference at the convention center, and this was just a brief walk over to the River Walk. Happy Hour boasted pretty nice discounts on some drinks and apps, which was refreshing - the standard frozen margaritas were pretty popular with our crew. All around, a decent spot with friendly and generally good service. The giant pretzel with cheese dip was quite good as well, and fed a few of us - also a happy hour special. The price of a margarita was a bit high if not for happy hour - though this was pretty consistent for River Walk spots. Would return!

NikkiGuestService, Manager at Margaritaville San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi Ckassotis! We're so happy we were able to help you out! We're looking forward to your next visit with us! ~Margaritaville Management Team

Reviewed 16 March 2018

- went for dinner, wasn't too crowded
- food was delicious and flavorful
- service was terrible!
- our server messed up our drinks, took orders & took a while to tell us some things weren't available, missed getting a few things we asked for etc etc - I can go on....
- have been to better Margaritaville's elsewhere

Hi Vc397, while we are pleased everything tasted good, we are very sorry our service ruined your experience. Our service should make every visit better and more memorable, so your review is duly noted and will be addressed with our team. We do hope you give us another try in the future to win you back. ~Margaritaville Management Team

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I was down on the River Walk for the first time and it was about lunch time. I saw a Margaritaville. Being the Parrothead that I am, I had to stop in. As far as Margaritavilles go, this one seems to be scaled back a bit, probably due to space.

I ordered a blueberry pomegranate margarita. When in Rome... It was fantastic. For lunch, I ordered a taco salad. I was trying to eat light So much for light. The salad was HUGE and very good. Although, I could have used some salsa.

My waiter was okay. He did most things right. Although he seemed a bit taken aback when I asked for more water. If you did not want to get me anything, why did you ask, "Can I get you anything more?" I am blowing this out of proportion a bit. Really, he did an okay job.

The store is upstairs. I would have missed it if it weren't for another couple looking for it too. Good selection of the normal stuff.

There are many good options on The River Walk. Margaritaville is one of them.

NikkiGuestService, Manager at Margaritaville San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Rvidi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Margaritaville San Antonio! You should always expect an all-around amazing time when you are with us and we look forward to seeing you back again soon! ~Margaritaville Management Team