“Easter Lunch”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 4 956 Restaurants in San Antonio
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We went yesterday for an Easter lunch with my family. Our reservations were made over a month ago, we showed up 10 mins early to be safe.
We waited nearly an hour with 2 small children, when we asked when we would be seated long after our reservation time passed, we were given no hard and fast answers. We eventually left with multuple other families who had been waiting more than 45 mins for a seat. There were 4 hosts doing very little, a manager who just stared at everyone and according to the staff the reason everything was so backed up was becasue "waiters did not show up for their shifts"
It is hard to explain to kids why multiple empty tables keep coming by and you haven't been seated.

Very disappointed, had to pay 25.00 for parking for nothing.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My husband and I were last here 3 years ago (intimate seating for 2 then, especially in an L shaped booth); it has been remodeled so not as intimate and quaint, but lovely experience non the less. We had good service and excellent steak with some fantastic views as we watched the sunset and the lights around the city appear.
We lingered in the bar after dessert and eventually made our way to the observation deck. We plan to return again!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My wife and I went their yesterday for our 22nd anniversary. We made a reservation, which I recommend, especially for busy weekends. This was the final four basketball weekend.The tower over looks the entire city. We could see the Alamo-dome, concert venue, and the folks waking down below. Our waiter, Nick greeted us and wished us a very happy 22nd anniversary. The food was excellent and the pricing was in line. We had crab cakes,shrimp and steaks. I do recommend the lava cake for desert.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

While on the River Walk on the boat, the guide at a certain point has mentioned about this venue. We got curious and we decided to give it a try, without reservation. Luckily in 25 minutes we got seated at our table. The seating area slowly moves around so in an hour we got twice to see a 360 degrees panorama of San Antonio from its highest spot.

We ordered shrimps, calamari and I had a lobster soup. I have also ordered a small Prosecco. Generous portions and all beyond exquisite. We had to skip our deserts plans because we were full.

The bill is just right for a place and a service of this level. Would definitely look forward to go back. Highly recommended.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Wow I have never had a such a horrible experience! This place gets a star for its view and that’s it. First we got led to a dirty table, with no remorse. Once we were sat we ordered a bottle of wine and the glass was so dirty I couldn’t even bare it. My boyfriend got a cold soup brought to the table. Of course we still had high hopes for dinner but we were very let down. My $50 steak came out cold and under cook ( i know steak and it was not what i ordered) instead of the waiter taking it back like any other nice establishment, he argued with me. All in all this was a HUGE disappointment and i would never recommend it to anyone. Sorry Chart house but you guys need to seriously step up your game.