“Charming place!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

emmy_louu
Hamilton, Ohio
“Charming place!”
Reviewed 5 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

We just left from a 3 night stay for our honeymoon and we didn't want to leave! We checked in late Monday evening and Phillip gave us a tour. He was very sweet and helpful!! The cat was super adorable too :) We stayed in the Mauve room. It came with a large king size bed with an additional room with a twin bed. Also it had a private bathroom on the first floor. Everything was super clean and tidy! There is a mini fridge in the room which is nice. The bathroom had shampoo and body soap and plenty of towels. Also cute robes in the closet to use! There was also an iron and ironing board which was very nice. This B&B was in walking distance from everything! The only time we used our car all weekend was for a trip to Boston. I would definitely recommend this place to others and we will certainly be back!! Thank you for your hospitality!! :)

killd0ga
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 23 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I have to say that I love staying in B&B's. The Henry Derby House was very nice. They made us feel like we were extended family and we enjoyed this very much. This B&B is within walking distance of everything. We walked everywhere...Although the taxi's around Salem are only $6. Very Reasonable...We had a very nice stay and Salem is very quaint! Very safe feeling. We loved this small town! Thanks sooo much!

Location Service
Travelling group: Friends
Stephanie...
“Amazing stay”
Reviewed 10 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Jocelyn was so sweet! We felt so welcome by her and her hubby and their adorable baby boy! Our room was nice and clean and spacious. We also loved the yummy breakfast in the morning that she makes. Jocelyn, keep making those pumpkin waffles!! And Chevy is adorable, miss him so much!

William K
Pittenweem, United Kingdom
“Nice exterior - pity about the oversized rest”
Reviewed 9 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

Looks great from a distance but close up the unkempt front garden and scruffy front door set our alarm bells ringing
The interior was also pretty scruffy, with antique furniture but of the junk yard variety. Our bedroom was a reasonable size but the furniture was oversized for the room, and the bed had no headboard. Worse, in adjusting the curtains, the curtain pole fell off and hit my wife on the head - several of the curtain pole brackets were broken
We had a private bathroom - but on a different floor
Breakfast was very basic
Overall very poor value for money for $140 per room

Management Response
11 Oct 2015
Hello William,

We are sorry that you had a bad experience at our B&B. It is unfortunate that you decided to take to Trip Advisor to berate us rather that voice any of your displeasures during your stay. We do our best to make all of our guests experience as comfortable as possible and if we knew that you did not have a great stay we would do our best to make it up to you.

William stayed at our B&B for one night and booked through Booking.com. He stayed in our Mauve room which does have the private bath located on the first floor. It is listed that the bathroom does not have an ensuite bath and I always tell people that book over the phone that it is located on another floor in case they have a hard time going up and down stairs.

He stayed in late summer when a lot of our summer flowers were dying and we had not yet switched to our fall decorations. I do my best to keep up with the flowers and our garden but unfortunately I don't have enough time as I would like to maintain them year round. Since I do all of the gardening myself sometimes it will look a little "scruffy." I am truly sorry for this.

We live in an old house, with a lot of old furniture. To the best of my knowledge my mother purchased most of the furniture at local antique shops and estate sales, not "junk shops."

This is the first time anyone has ever complained about our front door. I don't know how to respond to this criticism. It's a door.

I am guessing that the curtain rod falling on William's wife's head was the main reason for this bad review. The curtain rod holder was broken and has since been fixed. We are terribly sorry that this accident occurred and hope that no serious injuries were sustained.

This year we switched to a lighter breakfast during the week and lowered our weekday rates to reflect that change. I think that you will find that we have the lowest rate of all the B&B's in Salem. This is because since having our first child last year we have much less time to devote to the business and we realize that we cannot provide our best service to all of our guests.

This is our last year as a B&B, as we will be switching the house into a full house rental next year so that we have more time to devote to our growing family. Overall it has been a good experience, we met a lot of great people, and had a lot of wonderful guests. It's guests like these ones that make me happy we are getting out of the business.
AppyWitch
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Wonderfully Relaxing and Very Homey”
Reviewed 30 September 2015 for a stay in October 2014

My partner and I have stayed here numerous times, and we will back this October for Halloween! Jocelyn and Phillip are wonderful, and make sure that you are well taken care of. Every time we visit we feel like we are visiting family. We can't wait to get back again.
Be sure to be on the look out for some unexpected visitors too! I loved meeting Sarah on my first visit.

Location Service
Travelling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$500
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing