“Fabulous food.”

Arizona Inn - The Main Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Arizona Inn - The Main Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 2 121 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$12 - US$42
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Elm Street and Campbell
Description: The Arizona Inn is an historic resort spread over 14 tranquil acres of gardens, flowers and lawns in the heart of mid-town Tucson. The Inn offers AAA Four Diamond Award winning dining in our Main Dining Room with cathedral-ceiling and fireplace as well as our more intimate Catlin Room with views of the gardens. The Dining Room provides legendary service in an elegant yet comfortable setting for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Chef Allison combines classic cuisine with seasonal ingredients and innovative techniques. The menus change with the seasons to feature the freshest ingredients. Wine Spectator has recognized the wine list with an Award of Excellence. The Audubon Bar, with live piano music nightly and patio seating, provides a perfect setting for enjoying a classic cocktail.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had dinner in the main dining room twice.
Excellent.
This was my second stay at Arizona Inn. This time planned to eat only here and not bother go anywhere else in town.
Many locals come here for both, lunch and dinner.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel was amazing. The food also amazing. The ingredients are fresh and the service was super. I was so excited to try the salt and vinegar fries- they were worth it!!

Reviewed 21 May 2018

If you want to feel like you have gone back in time- to a bygone era, dining at the Arizona Inn is the place to go in Tucson. The Inn was developed by Isabella Greenway (the first female representative to congress in the 1930's), and is a beautiful, and well preserved example of early 1930's Spanish Colonial Revival Architecture.

Enjoy fine dining in their dining room or on the patio, which overlooks the gorgeous lush and grassy grounds. AZ Inn is an excellent choice for special occasions- expect to linger, this is not a place to go for a rushed meal. The menu is continental American with meat, chicken, and fish/seafood choices, soups/salads, and a few regional items like a Guacamole Burger and Mini-Quesadillas. If you're just visiting Tucson- this is one of my top recommended places to dine.

1  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Perhaps this review is not fair to the restaurant since there was a fixed menu on Mother’s Day. It was an unusual menu at night offering two brunch offerings and a few plain entrees. The Boef Bourguignon lacked distinct taste. The complementary champagne was of low quality. It would seem the objective of the restaurant was to serve as many people as possible with a simple menu. Nonetheless the room itself is magnificent.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

No one can dispute the beautiful grounds of The Arizona Inn, but I can dispute this being a fine dinning establishment. The food was average at best. The chips, salsa & guacamole were beyond disappointing...bland. I order the Diver Scallops. While there were no issues with the actual scallops, they were served over ‘cubed’ roasted root vegetables...while the were ok, not a visually pleasing way to serve roasted root vegetables. The dish also included a shredded radish slaw with cucumbers. I don’t understand how the chef put this together with the rest of this dish...the flavors don’t meld in anyway and was very disjointed. There was supposed to be a carrot purée as well and I guess that’s what they called the dried paste on the bottom of the dish. Don’t even get me started on the service...we had to ask the manager to have our waitstaff come take our order, after she dropped off the appetizers & said she would give us time to enjoy...meanwhile the huge menus occupied a portion of our table that we all had to maneuver around to actually enjoy the appetizers. The manager and some staff were gathered at the entrance, chatting, with no awareness of what was going on in the dinning room. When I made the request to have the waitstaff come take our order, I expressed my disappointment, I also informed the manager that our same waitress had spilt a glass of ice on an elderly woman sitting at the table next to us & went unnoticed by him. The manager stated he would send our waitress over & said nothing further. Even with the feedback of him needing to be more attentive to the dining room, he never once came by to see how we were doing. All an all a very expensive disappointing experience. I recommend you tour the grounds if desired, but choose to go to one of many other amazing dining establishments we have in Tucson and skip the hype that has gotten The Arizona Inn by for far too long. (One recommendation would be North Italia...their Diver Scallops blow The Arizona Inn’s out of the water and you’ll spend less $$ too!)

Been to Arizona Inn - The Main Dining Room? Share your experiences!