“Great quant old downtown dinner spot”

Downtown Kitchen & Cocktails
Reserve with OpenTable
Downtown Kitchen & Cocktails is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2 162 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: BROADWAY + 6TH AVE
Transit: If you are arriving on the public bus system you can stop at the Rondstat Center downtown and walk 1 1/2 blocks south on 6th Ave. to 135 S. 6th ave.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Delightful local restaurant with high energy, not the most quite, but very fun. Good staff & menu even in busy times

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I went with two friends while in Tucson for a conference. We did no research in advance so had no idea that Janos was the chef. Our server was very attentive. I had the duck with the soft shell crab to start. Both were fantastic! I had a bite of the shrimp and the chicken and both were very tasty. What a lucky find!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The appetizer calamari was really good our meals were really tasty I ordered the duck my son the steak and my wife the shoulder pork and my daughter the spaghetti but the service from our waitress was okay she brought me my wine and my wife her mixed drink but after that we never saw her again to ask us if we wanted another until we were almost done with our meal. I might visit again just to see if service is better than next time

Reviewed 22 June 2018

This is so close to excellent. Only thing holding it back was the the red wine by the glass was far to warm. Not even close to cellar temperature. Now for the positives...very inviting atmosphere. Service was excellent..... professional, knowledgable and friendly. We both had soft shell crab to start and was excellent! My wife had the hanger steak and I had the shrimp with rice cakes...both excellent. Definitely recommend and will return!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We went there for our anniversary and went home disappointed. Ambiance is great. Service is ok, we were only approached if they were taking our order or bringing drinks and food, not one asked how our meal was or if everything is ok. Food was so-so. The braised pork's sauce is too runny, like watery runny. The spaghetti primavera had a soupy kind of pesto sauce which my son didn't like. I guess he was used to italian sauces that are a little thicker. The flank steak was ok but needed a little bit more flavor. My husband wasn't a fan of the sauce they put in it. We've been here a couple of years back, we didn't like it then and we still did not like it now. I thought with the change of menu, maybe it is better but the food quality and taste still isn't that great. I guess it's a hit or miss depending on the cook/chef. $102 bucks for 3 SMALL portioned meals and 2 sodas including tips isn't worth it. No wonder they keep on having Groupon promotions to attract customers. Sadly, we will never come back. That is it for a second chance.