“Excellent”

Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zona 78 is Tucson’s premiere destination for artisan pizza, Italian specialties, and an eclectic selection of wines, spirits, and beers. We offer a little of everything at Zona 78: wine tastings, Tucson’s best happy hour and service that goes the extra mile. It’s no wonder Zona 78 is one of Tucson’s favorite restaurants. We are proud to tell you that Zona 78 has been voted Tucson’s Best Casual Dining restaurant, Best Family Dining restaurant and Tucson’s Best Happy Hour. “Life is Good” at Zona 78!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service and the food were excellent. I had the eggplant Parmesan with spaghetti. Quit a large portion couldn't finish it. My hubby had the New York strip and loved it. I really liked that they source their food locally. They also collect the vegetable scraps for local feed. Restaurants that practice sustainability methods are great.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've been on the email list for years and I finally got a chance to enjoy a great lunch! We were getting ready to drive the Catalina Highway, so we stopped in for lunch. I like the atmosphere, service and of course, the food! I had to have the mussels and sausage appetizer. It was very good and filling! It had a nice spice to it and it was served with a fire grilled Italian bread. I would have liked a little more bread to soak up the flavorful juices. Dad went with the spaghetti and meatballs. Also a spicy meatball! Good flavor and very meaty. I definitely need to stop in again for dinner and wine!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

My friends and I came for lunch and "girl" time. Our waiter (Leo) was attentive, friendly, and helpful. I liked the unique menu options (unique for Tucson). Gluten free options and options for all four of our special dietary needs. Yummy! We stayed for quite a while talking, and Leo kept our glasses full and saw to any other food needs. We never felt uncomfortable nor were we rushed to leave. Thanks Zona!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Steffanie provided us with excellent service.

The Bianco Pizza and Brussels Sprouts were excellent.

The Stout beers were OK, but not as good as Guinness Draught. Please add Guinness to your tap list, or at least stock the tall 14.1 oz cans of Guinness.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Zona 78 is still our 'go to' happy hour.

We enjoy the wine and beer choices, as well as the small plate choices, especially the brussels sprouts.

The behind the bar staff is always excellent.

There is an opportunity for improvement on the part of the table wait staff, which on occasion is very inattentive and slow. Management might want to consider inviting your table wait staff to spend an evening with the nearby Zinburger table wait staff, where the service is consistently excellent. Or, invite the Zinburger coach to come to Zona 78 and do some coaching. In any case, everybody wins when the service is better.