“One of the finest”

Lubec Brewing Company
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Lubec
Price range: US$10 - US$18
Description: We are a Micro-Brewery offering craft beer made with organic Maine barley, brewed on site. Also serving all organic, local as much as possible, freshly made vegan, vegetarian, fish, and meat dishes Thursday through Sunday, and organic sourdough pizzas Thursday through Saturday. We also have live music each night through the summer and on weekends during the winter. Our vision is to offer that place we all just love to go kick back and relax in, joining old friends and meeting new ones, in a truly warm, inviting, and accepting environment, where we can drink excellent craft beer, eat delicious and nourishing food, listen to incredible music, and see amazing art. Our Tap Room opens at 2pm and the Kitchen is open from 5pm to 8:30pm for dinners, Pizzas are served starting at 5:30pm till we run out. Please be aware that all of our food is home-made in house from scratch, it is real food. Your food is cooked by hand not in a microwave, and as such does take real time to prepare for you. So please sit back relax and enjoy friends and the music, for a half hour or so, as we prepare your meal. Although we can prepare a meal for you to go, we are not a take out place, and your meal when ordered to go will require the same amount of time as an in house meal to prepare for you.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I travel plenty and the Lubec Brewing Co. is one of the finest places I’ve been to. The hospitality, service, menu and beer are exceptional. If you’re traveling Maine and visit Lubec, stop here. It’s the real deal. 5 Stars

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went to the Lubec Brewing Company a couple of times during a one-week vacation. I simply fell in love with Lubec, and it was partly because of the Lubec Brewing Company. I was amazed by home much it seemed like someone's home--and a real gathering place for the community. What really amazed me was seeing how the community is coming together to support a member of their community who is ill. The food was great, the music was stellar, and we had fun playing board games and chatting with people at nearby tables while we waited for our food. Now I'm thinking about moving from greater Boston to Lubec--in great part because of friendly, welcoming gems like the Lubec Brewing Company.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm rating this as poor rather than terrible, because I think the staff meant well. We were hoping to stop here for a beer at least, maybe some supper if the menu looked good. We walked in and sat at a table and never saw a server. There wasn't even anyone behind the bar. The restaurant was completely void of serving staff. Eventually (a good 10 minutes later) a server with some pizzas for another table emerged from the kitchen, but that was it. Nobody ever came over to us to even offer us menus. So we left. We had a wonderful meal at a restaurant down the street and decided that since there was still music outside and people seemingly having a good time at the brewpub we would give it another shot even if just for an after dinner drink. Well, this time we were given menus and an explanation/apology that they were short staffed because two people had not shown up for work that day. On the menus most everything was crossed off because they were out of food. I understand that two people didn't show up for work, and I understand that they try to only use locally sourced foods from local farmers etc., and I even get that it was a much busier weekend than they were expecting (although, not really since even the paperwork I was given as a tourist/runner was sent to all of the local businesses to warn them of how many people were expected to be in the area due to the marathon weekend), but to have to turn people away at the door because you've run out of everything on the menu except for BEER! And only beer.

We eventually received (well actually we eventually just went up to the bar and purchased our own, because that was the only way we were going to get anything) our beers and were fine for the moment. And then we saw the proprietor walk across the floor in barefeet. We left abruptly. That might be charming to some, but as people who have worked in hospitality, we didn't see the charm.

Gale W, Owner at Lubec Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for coming to Lubec what you may not have been aware of is that the day you decided to visit was also the 6th annual Internation Bay of Fundy Marathon where we had an extra 1,500 people in town. So not only did we have a huge influx of folks truly beyond the capacity of our year round residency of 1,150 people, so we had more visitors than actual residents HELLO reality check we had more visitors in town than residents. We also had two of our servers call I'm sick on that day, Even though there were people lined out of the door onto the street, it was just my husband and I plus our dear friend and server Nikki doing our very best to give our best..Gale and I arrived at 5:30am and left at 10pm so I am sorry that you didn't;t have your expectations met but I am grateful so many others saw what was going on and understood and appreciated everything we were trying our best to do, to help the Marathon be successful and to promote Lubec as it truly is a beautiful area with lovely heart centered people.

Also what you may not understand is that we are NOT a BAR we area federally regulated brewery and as such we are only allowed to serve the beer we make on the premises, no liquor or alcohol. It can be very confusing to customers when they go to "Breweries" where they can also get wine and liquor, they are not actual breweries, but are restaurants or bars owners and run by breweries, but which have a liquor license and operated as restaurants. We are a federally licensed Brewery and are only allowed to serve the beer we make on premises. Hopefully you can look past your experience at our place and feel good about the beautiful place that is Lubec Maine.

As far as the barefootedness which was myself, McGinley Jones. I have a genetic foot condition which causes intense pain with extended time on my feet. Standing from 5:30am until 8:30pm / actually 10pm but I offed my shoes at 8:30 when we were officially closed for the night, means I can take my shoes off and relieve the pain, If you saw me barefoot it was only because you came after the kitchen closed at 7:30 which may explain why there was no food left. We post our hours outside by the front door. Many folks from city areas expect to be able to eat in Lubec past 8pm but it actually not possible. We are again sorry you were disappointed but would ask for your understanding as the truth is you would not have been able to even get a beer anywhere in town after 8pm marathon day Sunday and at least you got that.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I always look for brewpubs, and this was one of my best finds. Great beer and food, and lucked out to hear some good music too. Who knew there was such a thing as scallop and fiddlehead pizza? It was great. Owner and staff were very friendly. Can't wait to go back!

Thank you so much for really getting what we are trying to provide you are the folks that make it all worth it in the end!!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is a hometown, cozy spot with local music and yummy, earthy farm-to-table food. Prepared simply and delicious.

Thank you for your kind and heart centered response it is people like yourself that make it all worth while.